MDR Table Privacy

Zekee

There's a certain 'something' about sitting at a large table that has a design and purpose for accomodating large parties that promotes an oppenness for me. Tables for two likewise have that certain 'something' that promotes intimacy. Placing tables for two mere inches apart, however, seems to violate both in a rather uncomfertable (cringe) way.

• Like 6

On 12/14/2023 at 4:39 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

We did stay for the entire meal.  Awkward! I apologized, of coursed, but she was having none of it.  I am not a big person, but I did have on a full skirt.  There was simply not enough room between tables.

That's all on her, not you.  It was an accident and she should have been more gracious. People suck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:16 PM, Zekee said:

I always choose anytime dining and the MDR’s for anytime dining always have tables inches away from the next table.

Are the tables in the set time MDR’s the same? I’d be willing to give up anytime dining and just have a set time if it meant having more than a few inches of distance. 

I sailed solo on the Panorama last October. The 2 top tables were probably 6 inches apart. 
I took note of some of the more private tables along one of walls and asked the hostess when I checked in if I could have one of those because I was dining alone. They accommodated me every night thereafter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 10:16 PM, Zekee said:

.....I’d be willing to give up anytime dining and just have a set time if it meant having more than a few inches of distance. 

With a set dining time you can go to the dining room on embarkation day to see which table you've been assigned.  If you're not happy with your assignment the Maitre D will be available in the dining room and will accommodate your request if at all possible.

• Thanks 1