Allure ocean view with large balcony question

bigal3967

3 minutes ago, bigal3967 said:

I just got a royal up offer and one of the categories is “ocean view with large balcony”. Which staterooms would this be?  Not a junior suite. That is a different category. Thanks for your help

It's category 1C and 2C.  The stateroom is the exact same size as the other balconies, only the balcony is larger.

They are the cabins on the two humps. 

Ocean View with Large Balcony 

View details

• Larger than standard balcony
  • Private balcony with chairs
  • Extra square footage to relax on your balcony

Size 
Stateroom: 182 sq. ft. 
Balcony: 80 sq. ft.

This is the description from the website for category c1/c2.  Note the 80 sq ft balcony (vs 50 sq ft in description on regular OV balcony cabins)
Edited by Starry Eyes

44 minutes ago, bigal3967 said:

I just got a royal up offer and one of the categories is “ocean view with large balcony”. Which staterooms would this be?  Not a junior suite. That is a different category. Thanks for your help

What do you already have?   If you already have a regular size balcony I would recommend to stick with it.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 7:23 PM, bigal3967 said:

We have over 50 nights on Oasis Class. Always a hump balcony on deck 12.  If you enjoy sitting on the balcony the extra space is nice.  If you already have a balcony any thing over $10 - $15 per night would not be worth it to us.  

On 12/15/2023 at 10:10 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

What do you already have?   If you already have a regular size balcony I would recommend to stick with it.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have over 50 nights on Oasis Class. Always a hump balcony on deck 12.  If you enjoy sitting on the balcony the extra space is nice.  If you already have a balcony any thing over $10 - $15 per night would not be worth it to us.  

I agree, unless the OP plans on spending tons of time on the balcony, or if the centralized location of the hump cabins makes it a more desirable cabin location as well.

I would add, however, that with today's occupancy rates, successful Royal Ups are getting pretty rare. Not impossible, but definitely the exception rather than the rule. 

• Like 1