grand princess 20th December till 22nd of January

14 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Looking good so far, how do you rate this year compared to last year?

Have you had any luck with the next leg?

we are enjoying it as much as last year.

I think the food in the main dining room is better. the menu is better too, they have removed the pavlova every day and put back the cheesecake of the day.

the cruise director, Karen, is good but not witty and quick with the jokes like aaron. her support staff are mostly good. nick and clare are excellent.

the band are much better.

we still haven't had any luck with the 6 night cruise, but we won't let it bother us. we enjoy Melbourne and will make the most of it.

• Like 3

everyday that the shops are open they have some type of sale in the piazza on deck 7.

so far the best value was about day 3, with 30 percent off anything with the princess logo on. that included everything with logo inside the shop.

perfumes are overpriced, they did buy one, get 25 percent of the 2nd one. but still cheaper on land.

10 percent off anything from the shops for elite.

I think mums cigarettes  were around $76 after elite discount.

I think she said they are $10 a pack behind the bar.

• Like 1

Help----we r planning an AUSTRALIA-NEW ZEALAND cruise in March 2024. Are you able to not book cruise ship excursions and just get off at the ports and get taxi/or tours from locals? We have done that in the Caribbean for example. OR pre-book a tour online from locals? We have never been to Aus/NZ .  Thanks for any info.

t_share@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, tinavern80 said:

Help----we r planning an AUSTRALIA-NEW ZEALAND cruise in March 2024. Are you able to not book cruise ship excursions and just get off at the ports and get taxi/or tours from locals? We have done that in the Caribbean for example. OR pre-book a tour online from locals? We have never been to Aus/NZ .  Thanks for any info.

t_share@yahoo.com

I tend to stay clear of the overpriced ship tours and do what you are proposing. Saves lots of 💰 🤑

2 hours ago, tinavern80 said:

t_share@yahoo.com

you can walk off at all ports, if they are in a cargo port a free shuttle is provided.

I  rarely book cruise excursions 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we are enjoying it as much as last year.

I think the food in the main dining room is better. the menu is better too, they have removed the pavlova every day and put back the cheesecake of the day.

the cruise director, Karen, is good but not witty and quick with the jokes like aaron. her support staff are mostly good. nick and clare are excellent.

the band are much better.

we still haven't had any luck with the 6 night cruise, but we won't let it bother us. we enjoy Melbourne and will make the most of it.

The food has looked great in the dining room, ...... Maybe in 10 years I'll be ready.

Thank you for the info about being able to easily get off at the ports. Are there taxis or locals there that offer tours to their cities? Has anyone been able to pre-book a city tour that met them at the port? If so, what company did you use to do this ----for say- Eden, Melbourne, etc. Again----that is why I love cruise critic--best info always.