Brightline experience

Mikamarii

Just thought id throw this out there for anyone considering using the train as i believe the Orlando connection is fairly new. 

Our preferred airline has few options to fll and fewer to Miami. Usually expensive with long layovers so our best option is usually MCO. For this we have generally avoided cruises from FLL or MIA as I dont like the hassle of renting a car for a day to make that drive. 

We just returned from Florida and took brightline from FLL and experience was awesome. It was about $22 cab ride (20ish minutes) to the train station. Check in was a breeze. Upstairs lounge was very clean, free wifi lots of comfy chairs, small market place and bar for drinks and small eats. 

Train was super efficient. Ride was smooth. Train was clean and chairs comfy. Also free wifi. We booked the 4 seater which had a table in the middle so we mostly played card games during the ride. Ride was about 3 hrs and goes right to the airport Terminal C. Collect luggage and Take the tram to the other terminals to check in. 

Overall the train saved us close to $1000 and shortened our overall travel day so totally worth it. We will still try to find deals flying in and out of the southern airports but brightline gives us a lot more options now and would definitely use again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for sharing your experience. As you said, the Orlando route is relatively new, so reviews are welcome. 

I live along the route and as the train passes,  you cannot see inside. I'm curious, about how full was your particular ride? Local naysayers insist this northern leg is not well utilized.  

59 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. As you said, the Orlando route is relatively new, so reviews are welcome. 

I live along the route and as the train passes,  you cannot see inside. I'm curious, about how full was your particular ride? Local naysayers insist this northern leg is not well utilized.  

Our train car seemed quite full. We were at the one end and appeared every seat was full when we left west palm beach.  When we got off there was a lot of people getting off and the Orlando station seemed quite busy. 

When we originally checked in we got there much quicker than i expected. I mentioned to the employee that we were quite early and he said he couldnt move us to another train beczuse everyone that morning was sold out. 

• Thanks 1

I took Brightline from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale on 12/10 and returned on 12/17 (both Sundays).

I was impressed and will take it again next May one-way to catch a TA.

Trains were on time, clean, and comfortable. Well, except for the inconsiderate passengers not using earbuds, but that happens on planes, too.

My cab from Pt. Everglades to the station was only $16. I just gave the guy a $20 bill. Uber was running over $35 at the time.

• Like 2

I rode the Brightline after my Quebec-Fort Lauderdale cruise ended. Tuesday Oct. 31,2023. I was impressed! So clean and smooth! I was glad that I had the address for it because it was the taxi driver's first time there too. I had pre-paid to check my suitcase but my traveling companions just carried theirs on as did many of the other train passengers. There was a stewardess selling drinks and snacks who came down the aisle a few times.We had assigned seats and were on a 10:30AM train but could have made the 9:30. I was picked up at terminal C when we got to Orlando and my friend had trouble finding the pick up spot because it was so new. She lives there and had never been there yet! I believe it may be where Jet Blue is located now. It was much more pleasant than going to the main airline terminal after the cruise ships unload.

Brightline's station in Orlando connects to the new airport Terminal C, but it has a separate entrance/pickup area if you simply want the train access. The entrance is across from the South Remote lot, where the gas station is.

4 hours ago, pootsien2 said:

I believe it may be where Jet Blue is located now. It was much more pleasant than going to the main airline terminal after the cruise ships unload.

Correct. JetBlue is the only domestic carrier at this time using Terminal C where the Brightline station is located. It is well-marked on the airport roadway network. Mostly international carriers are using Terminal C such as Emirates, Norse Atlantic, Aer Lingus, British Airways and many more.

4 hours ago, Djford75 said:

Good to hear...I am considering taking the short trip from MIA to FLL post cruise.  Premium seats are only $32 with drinks and food included.  We are in no rush either, so I thought we'd try something new.

BrightLine's premium tickets include access to their delightful lounges. Complimentary beer and wine with sandwiches or snacks. Breakfast time offers coffee, sweets, fruit, yogurt, etc

• Like 1

After years of dealing with traffic headaches and parking at Port Everglades, we decided to take the brand new Brightline from MCO (Orlando) to Terminal 25 Dec. 17 returning Dec. 24. We figured traffic would be a nightmare on Christmas Eve! We had a party of 4+ so we snagged a deal before the line officially opened back in September. It was by far the best experience we ever had, and our Uber service at both ends (station to Terminal, and back) was quick and effortless. Train was clean and had free wi-fi, nice big bathrooms (touchless), and snacks/drinks for purchase at both station and on board. We plan to take Brightline from now on!

• Like 2

Also had a great experience on Brightline to/from MCO to/from Ft Lauderdale. I did the premium service that included a private lounge with drinks/snacks at the station, one free checked bag and a free uber from the station to hotel the night before the cruise (and from the cruise terminal back to the station post-cruise--this charged me but customer service issued a credit). The onboard premium experience from Orlando started with a bottle of water, then a cool towel, then drink/snack service and finally a small lunch tray with a sandwich and other items. Seating was 2 seats on on side of aisle and 1 seat on the other with lots of leg room. Will certainly do again as MCO has better options out of my local airport.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 5:59 AM, john bowtie said:

Will certainly do again as MCO has better options out of my local airport.

I've observed the same result, at least for domestic travel. I live between Miami and Orlando, so BrightLine is a definite advantage.  Miami has far better service to South America, but Orlando is catching up with European access.