alcohol free drinks

zula

Hello,

Can someone help me.  Do Oceania have alcohol free sparkling wine?  Because of medication I should not have alcohol.  In Europe they already have some decent alcohol free sparkling wine (which is not as sweet as fruit juice)

Kind regards,

Sonja

On 12/27/2023 at 9:16 AM, zula said:

Hello,

Can someone help me.  Do Oceania have alcohol free sparkling wine?  Because of medication I should not have alcohol.  In Europe they already have some decent alcohol free sparkling wine (which is not as sweet as fruit juice)

Kind regards,

Sonja

Check out the Vista offerings on the Preisman blog:
https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_menus.htm

I don't know if the alcohol-free offerings have rolled out to all of the ships, but it appears that non-alcoholic sparkling wine is (or eventually will be) available. However, it is listed as part of a cocktail and not on the wines-by-the-glass list so I'd check before assuming it is included in the SM drink package.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, zula said:

Hello,

Kind regards,

Sonja

I have seen a pdf of a wine menu from Feb 2023 which shows Pierre Zero sparkling, white, red & rose by the bottle. I'm going to contact them to ask about AF wine by the glass!

I'm a big fan of Lyre's non-alcoholic spirits so I will be enjoying Happy Hour with those on our Regatta trip in October.

I agree that over here we have excellent, and ever-improving alcohol free options.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:03 PM, CruiseLibra said:

Yes, O is now serving Pierre Zero as a non-alcohol option by the glass. The sparkling white is very good. It is better than most non-alcohol sparkling wines. 

good to know. Do you know if it is included in the Simply More drinks package selection?

I've received the following information from Oceania customer services

"Good Morning,

Non-alcoholic wines and beers are included in the House Beverage Package.

Other inclusions are water, soft drinks, speciality tea and coffee.

Virgin Cocktails are not included and would be available at a charge or if you purchase the upgrade to the Prestige Beverage Package."

I did think some of the AF cocktails were included (eg AF mojito and pina colada) but not the Lyre's spirits ones .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

I've received the following information from Oceania customer services

"Good Morning,

Non-alcoholic wines and beers are included in the House Beverage Package.

Other inclusions are water, soft drinks, speciality tea and coffee.

Virgin Cocktails are not included and would be available at a charge or if you purchase the upgrade to the Prestige Beverage Package."

I did think some of the AF cocktails were included (eg AF mojito and pina colada) but not the Lyre's spirits ones .

Unless policy has very recently changed, virgin cocktails are included at no cost. We enjoyed virgin cocktails at the Waves Bar most afternoons on our November Panama Canal cruise on Vista.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Unless policy has very recently changed, virgin cocktails are included at no cost. We enjoyed virgin cocktails at the Waves Bar most afternoons on our November Panama Canal cruise on Vista.

Yes but, if it has the Lyre brand non alcohol flavors as mentioned by elmslibev then they are not free. Same for any brand name non alcohol beer or wine. 

• Like 2

The difference in pricing is if they make mocktails using non-alcoholic spirits.  The cost for those spirits is $26.00 to $35.00 and up USD per quart.   The non-alcoholic spirits taste amazingly like the alcoholic varieties.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes but, if it has the Lyre brand non alcohol flavors as mentioned by elmslibev then they are not free. Same for any brand name non alcohol beer or wine. 

Absolutely. I enjoyed NA beer on my November cruise and had to show my card so it was covered under SM beer and wine with meals package. I was referring to virgin drinks as most people think of them...pina coladas, daquiris etc...those are not charged. It was absolutely wrong of Oceania to offer response saying that virgin drinks were not included without qualifying their statement to say non alcohol drinks that are charged include those with Lyre brand flavors as well as N.A. beer...others are included, or something to that effect.

• Like 3