Nha Trang, Vietnam

artman10

We have walked into town (it is a longish hike) and spent the day at a beach club.  It is also possible to hire a local driver/guide and get a driving tour.  Plenty of entrepreneurs in Nam who are happy to help tourists for a price.  Nha Trang has become a pretty major tourist destination for Russians, and we met quite a few of these folks on the beach.  

• 2 months later...

Can get a taxi outside the port area really cheap. Think we paid $5 or $10 to get to the north of town and see the famous ruins on our own. Then just walked all the way back to the ship slowly, stopping for lunch and shopping on the way

• 2 weeks later...

Last month I used a Tours by Local person named Sharmay for a tour of certain places I wanted to go.  Our ship (Oceania Riviera) tendered, so we walked a little way to meet her.  (Sorry, I don't remember where it was, other than the fact that we anchored in the south part of the city with a view of the overhead cable car that runs over to the Vinpearl amusement park. Once off the tender, we walked a little to a place which where vendors were meeting people (or offering tours) outside two beachy/modest outdoor coffee shops.  There was a street nearby but I don't know which one!)  Sharmay took the 4 of us, as I had requested) to the Ponager Towers just north of the city and to the Long Son pagoda in town.  Then, by agreement of the four of us, we went for an hour long massage at a place with a name I've forgotten, but has Trip Advisor ratings. I'm not a massage lover, but the other 3 were quite pleased with the massage.  Then we went for lunch at a (I think) vegetarian restaurant, and lastly to a fishing village just south of Nha Trang.  (If you like boats and photography, hire Sharmay and ask her about going there - I took lots of pictures.)

There is also a beach in Nha Trang, a few interesting buildings and monuments and whatnots. We really enjoyed our day there.