Monarch...some larger balconies?

I just discovered this picture of the Monarch http://community.webshots.com/photo/145370312/1145380742040294595jbBlLF and you can see that there are some balconies that have a good foot or more additional to the balcony due to some sort of jut-out.....does anyone know which cabins these are? It is not shown at all on the deck plan but it's very obvious in the picture!

I hope I have one of those!

I'm in 1580. The 10th deck plan shows no jut in the plan at all, front or rear, even for the bigger suites. But when you look at the 11th deck you can clearly see the jut. when I overlay the two plans it looks like cabins 1580-1584 & 1080-1084, give or take a cabin, have the extra space on the balconies. If you look at the picture in the link above, it is directly above the lifeboats and is very visible. I'm just trying to see if anyone knows those exact cabin numbers:confused: If not I guess I have a job to do when on the ship and to report back here so others will know you can get a BIGGER balcony in the JS that's NOT on the deck plans!:cool:

I'm in 1580. The 10th deck plan shows no jut in the plan at all, front or rear, even for the bigger suites. But when you look at the 11th deck you can clearly see the jut. when I overlay the two plans it looks like cabins 1580-1584 & 1080-1084, give or take a cabin, have the extra space on the balconies. If you look at the picture in the link above, it is directly above the lifeboats and is very visible. I'm just trying to see if anyone knows those exact cabin numbers:confused: If not I guess I have a job to do when on the ship and to report back here so others will know you can get a BIGGER balcony in the JS that's NOT on the deck plans!:cool:

The picture is showing Grand Suite balconies. There are life boats below the Grand Suites.

If you notice, in that picture the balconies are also wider (again because they are Grand Suite balconies...bigger cabins, bigger balconies.)

Believe me...all the Junior Suite balconies are the same size. None is bigger than the other. You can't depend on the drawing of the deck plans to be completely accurate.

I dunno, SD ... I think they may be at the opposite end of the ship. I guess we'll have to wait for you to check it out for us. Thanks for volunteering to do that!!! :D

PS: I have to agree w/ MszKitty on this... :rolleyes:

The shot itself is of the starboard front which is where we were. The first large balcony is 1038. We looked down the ship and didn't notice any other balconies jutting out, though we weren't particularly looking for them, doesn't mean they're not there though! The shape of the overhang doesn't seem to match the size of the balconies below.

I'm sure your balcony will be plenty large. The overhang causes a shortage of sunlight, but it's still nice to be out.

We'll look forward to your report once you return!

So I guess my "blond/cruise newbie" roots are TRULY showing!:o I forgot there was a WHOLE OTHER SIDE OF THE SHIP! So I guess that picture COULD be the FRONT of the ship, meaning the suites! Gee, I guess that would make sense.:rolleyes: But I'm holding out hope it goes in the rear as well.:cool: Either way I'll be sure to report back here.

Thanks for the help and I'm now going to go stand in a corner until departure!:o

Guess I looked at it a different way. I am sure the person was taking a picture of their cabin? Well if you look they are staying in something much nicer then a Junior Suite. Just a thought but I am with the consensus that it's a Grand Suite.

Edit: That being said I just looked at the rest of the album and someone had an oceanview in their group too. But looking back at original picture I still think it's the Grand Suites, You can see it,s in front of the pool area based on the antennas.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived