carrying wine in your suitcase

I know this is somewhere in this board but can't find it.  We will be on a couple of cruises, b2b, and as D+ we get free wine in our cabin.  Figured we might have some left over.  The last time this happened we were driving home.  The next time this might happen we'll be flying home.  I know there are bags to buy that we can put bottles into in our checked luggage and the wine won't leak or break.  I know people have mentioned specific brands of bags they've bought that have worked.  Looking for suggestions.  Thanks.

We have a vacuum sealer ... you know, one of those machines that allows you to buy a huge package of chicken breasts and divide them up into smaller /better protected packages.  Sealing a wine bottle in one of these bags doesn't provide it with any additional cushioning, but it means that -- if broken -- the liquid won't escape and ruin other things in your bag.  

Something like what we have:  https://www.amazon.com/Mesliese-Machine-Powerful-Precision-Preservation/dp/B0BXSKHL8D/ref=sr_1_5?crid=M5LP8G46Z4RY&keywords=vacuum%2Bsealer%2Bfor%2Bfood&qid=1704073159&sprefix=vacuum%2Bsealer%2Bfor%2B%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

I know this is somewhere in this board but can't find it.  We will be on a couple of cruises, b2b, and as D+ we get free wine in our cabin.  Figured we might have some left over.  The last time this happened we were driving home.  The next time this might happen we'll be flying home.  I know there are bags to buy that we can put bottles into in our checked luggage and the wine won't leak or break.  I know people have mentioned specific brands of bags they've bought that have worked.  Looking for suggestions.  Thanks.

We donate unopened bottles to the crew bar through our cabin attendant. $8 wine isn't worth taking up space in our carry ons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

We donate unopened bottles to the crew bar through our cabin attendant. $8 wine isn't worth taking up space in our carry ons.

Understand but still want some options.   The bags of wine would go in checked luggage if we're flying.  Don't worry about wine in carryon if we're driving.

25 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

We have a vacuum sealer ... you know, one of those machines that allows you to buy a huge package of chicken breasts and divide them up into smaller /better protected packages.  Sealing a wine bottle in one of these bags doesn't provide it with any additional cushioning, but it means that -- if broken -- the liquid won't escape and ruin other things in your bag.  

Something like what we have:  https://www.amazon.com/Mesliese-Machine-Powerful-Precision-Preservation/dp/B0BXSKHL8D/ref=sr_1_5?crid=M5LP8G46Z4RY&keywords=vacuum%2Bsealer%2Bfor%2Bfood&qid=1704073159&sprefix=vacuum%2Bsealer%2Bfor%2B%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1 

Not taking that with us!  My concern is flying home.