What are Diamond discounts I have seen people mentioning?

We are Diamond members, fast approaching D+. I have seen people mentioning discounts and I assume they mean we may sometimes get some type of discount when booking,   Is this correct  and if so how do you find out about it?  Any advice greatly appreciated. 

It is a balcony discount. They are few and far between anymore, because if the "Flash Sales" and other RC discounts are more, it does not show up. You can compare by putting in your C&A number (which will give you the larger discount) and not putting it in. 

I don't have the C&A discount list handy. 

Imo unless you have a TA with group rates your diamond balcony discount isnt usually anything. The $650 or whatever off is more than the discount booking direct, but you get it or mostly with some group rates. 

It's nothing new coming you dont already have.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

C&A discounts are combinable with the base 30% off each guest but not with bonus savings or extra obc offers.  Diamond usually gets the discount for balconies on a 7 day cruise as their discount is $225 (booked 6 months in advance) which is more than the promo offer in most cases.  Suites are the ones that lose out as they are the ones receiving a higher promotional offer than their balcony discount.

That $650 discount you see actually reads from and starts at $25 for an inside cabin on sailings 5 nights or less and goes up to $650 for a 10+ day sailing in a suite. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The Diamond discount is $225 off a balcony cabin. As others have said, if the current sale offering is more than $225, your Diamond discount is not combinable with that.

We haven't been able to get our discount in the last 4 or 5 cruises 😭  So they have effectively negated that bene lately.