Two Midwesterners escape winter on the Eurodam.

3 hours ago, Petronillus said:

Thank you for the passing on the word on Amon Ra, and especially for the photos. Sounds like what one hopes an excursion will be.

If you get Sydney as your bus guide you are in luck.   Tons of knowledge with humor. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Thanks Roy.  Our bus guide said 4 big ships tomorrow over 20k.  If we are the only ones we can have the nice shopping port to ourselves. Nice waterside restaurants too.  Yes it will be 2/20.  Four days left on our cruise. Will keep our boat ride.  🐵🐊🐒🦜

I think Belize has large tenders that make the ride more comfortable.  Did those get taken by the bigger ships or did you get that?

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I think Belize has large tenders that make the ride more comfortable.  Did those get taken by the bigger ships or did you get that?

Roy

It appeared all ships had the large double decker tenders. We even loaded on two decks but unloaded from one deck.  Not a lot of waiting just the port was packed.  

• Thanks 1

Arriving in Cozumel right now.  Partly cloudy and warm.  We are using a HIA shore excursion Photography bus tour.  We opted to stay on Cozumel.  After 30 years of having a time share in Cancun we have seen all the ruins before.  Our pier Puerta Maya is 3 miles from town.   

• Like 2

We really like photo excursions and haven't done one in Cozumel yet, so we're glad to hear you liked yours! Was the open air bus comfy enough?

p.s. - how do you keep finding those ominous looking water creatures with the pointy snouts...!?!😄

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:22 PM, canadarocks said:

I’m considering the VIP option at the Turquoise Bay resort in Roatan. When you were there, did you happen to notice that section and if it was easily accessible?

They dropped us off about 30 yards from where the VIP seating area was.  Good firm sand to walk on.  The pier to the private cabanas was about 120 feet long. I do not recall seeing ramps for the elevated restrooms.  Probably would need to talk to HA shorex department about that area accessibility.   Hope this helps.  We truly enjoyed it.  

18 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We really like photo excursions and haven't done one in Cozumel yet, so we're glad to hear you liked yours! Was the open air bus comfy enough?

p.s. - how do you keep finding those ominous looking water creatures with the pointy snouts...!?!😄

It was comfy but it took me a lot of work to unsnarl my hair.  The road to the crocs and lighthouse was bumpy, I have a bad back, no problem.   Our guide David was top notch and it was long.  Made it back to our cabin at 3, taking advantage of the pedi cab pedal for tips.  The booze prices and duty free are good in Cozumel and if looking for meds there is a fair priced pharmacy near the getting off point. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much for the Turquoise Bay description! This is a truly great thread.

One more question for you.... did I miss your "Daily" post for your Belize day?

Yes.  I missed it.  John saves every paper n a drawer.  Will post it soon. 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much for the Turquoise Bay description! This is a truly great thread.

One more question for you.... did I miss your "Daily" post for your Belize day?

Sorry I beat John to it and recycled it.  🥴

Edited by ottahand7

We had a lovely dinner in the MDR tonight. John had the cheese plate as a starter and I had the coconut crusted pork meatballs, they were steaming hot, loved that.  Our prime rib was exactly as requested mine rare John's MR. No horseradish sauce offered so John asked for horseradish.  Our wonderful waiter Jaka brought some for each of us which we mixed with the sour cream for our spuds to make a very nice sauce.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 3

After a long day of in port today we aren't going to see much of the Orange Party but here are a few photos from the Rolling Stone lounge.  Officers were in the hall greeting partiers.  "Note to self  slots are loose on Orange Party Night". 

IMG_20240110_201030969_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240110_201047453_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240110_201058309_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240110_201028432_HDR.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We had a nice dinner in the MDR tonight but somehow we missed it was Gold Gala night. The menu was the usual format in the dark blue folder. We had gold napkin rings. Escargot and shrimp cocktail were special starters, duck and tenderloin for mains.  No photos from dinner but some from our premium wine tasting, Pinnacle Grill lunch  Cioppino, crab cakes and burger and the cake event in the Lido today.🎂

IMG_20240111_120138953.jpg

IMG_20240111_120151026.jpg

IMG_20240111_102316676.jpg

IMG_20240111_125049662.jpg

IMG_20240111_125101433.jpg

IMG_20240111_115459509.jpg

IMG_20240111_191632253.jpg

IMG_20240111_135727575.jpg

IMG_20240111_131345248.jpg

IMG_20240111_131028341.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, sseibert3 said:

Leaving for Ft Lauderdale to board on the 13th. 😉

Safe travels to Fort Lauderdale.  Please feel free to add to this post with photos or comments as you enjoy your cruise. We hope to meet you onboard! 🛳️🍾

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 1