LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

Well....I had that cruise discount  burning a hole in my account.  So....

Sorry I had to redact so much, but it showed personal data,  the discount number and credit card information.

I had to make the reservations through NCL (not their regular phone likes), but they said I could transfer it to my TA.  Will see if my TA can add her usual discount/OBC because for an HJ cabin, this is crazy good.

Well....looks like the PDF is misbehaving.  Anyway, this is for the NCL Joy, HJ cabin, sailing from Quebec City on Sept 10, 2024 for 7 days.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well....looks like the PDF is misbehaving.  Anyway, this is for the NCL Joy, HJ cabin, sailing from Quebec City on Sept 10, 2024 for 7 days.

Quebec City is such a lovely, romantic city. Hope you and GF can spend a few days there pre-cruise.

My first visit to QC was a high school trip during senior year. Let's just say most of us 17-year-olds did not fully appreciate the cultural aspects unique to the city. It was also my first experience of a room spinning but quickly learned that if you put one foot down on the floor while lying down in bed, the room does stop spinning. Thank you for that walk through memory lane. 

• Haha 2

Oh, Quebec City is delightful!  We visited last September and wish we'd been there longer.  We're thinking of another trip that way this fall to take in more of the charm! This was a road trip via Vermont, eastern part of the province and Montreal.  Maybe even a cruise to or from Quebec out of either NYC or Boston. We're about equal to both.

We saw a Celebrity ship docked while there -- and the obvious cruisers with their lanyards.

Hope you can add a couple extra days to enjoy the city.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Thank you so much for your review(s). I always love reading them.
I'm about to book the Prima but have a question about the Haven.

On all other ships (well at least the Away ships and the Joy), my dh and I love to sometimes

go on the inside pool deck (second floor) and lay in a lounger in the air out of the sun.

When we went on youtube this weekend, it doesn't look like there are inside places for the lounge chairs. Is this correct?

If it is raining, and you still want to stay in the Haven, I don't see an observation lounge (like on the Joy) or any other seating other than the reception area. Is this also correct?

During the day, we enjoy staying in the Haven and venture out in the evenings.

Thank you so much.

13 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

Thank you so much for your review(s). I always love reading them.
I'm about to book the Prima but have a question about the Haven.

On all other ships (well at least the Away ships and the Joy), my dh and I love to sometimes

go on the inside pool deck (second floor) and lay in a lounger in the air out of the sun.

When we went on youtube this weekend, it doesn't look like there are inside places for the lounge chairs. Is this correct?

If it is raining, and you still want to stay in the Haven, I don't see an observation lounge (like on the Joy) or any other seating other than the reception area. Is this also correct?

During the day, we enjoy staying in the Haven and venture out in the evenings.

Thank you so much.

Ohhhh....you're kind.

No covered loungers aside from those in the Spa...at least none that I saw.

We only had rain one day, and it was only for a few hours.

Haven Sun Deck with Infinity Pool and bar is on Deck 16.  Very nice area, but not covered.  You can find seats/couches with umbrellas, though.

There is no Observation Lounge.  But, the Haven bar and restaurant area is quite large...comfy chairs, couches, lots of windows...plenty of places to sit and hang out if it's inclement weather (or, even if the weather is fine).

It's a great ship.  I'm sure you'll love it.

22 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Ohhhh....you're kind.

No covered loungers aside from those in the Spa...at least none that I saw.

We only had rain one day, and it was only for a few hours.

Haven Sun Deck with Infinity Pool and bar is on Deck 16.  Very nice area, but not covered.  You can find seats/couches with umbrellas, though.

There is no Observation Lounge.  But, the Haven bar and restaurant area is quite large...comfy chairs, couches, lots of windows...plenty of places to sit and hang out if it's inclement weather (or, even if the weather is fine).

It's a great ship.  I'm sure you'll love it.

Thank you so much!

I appreciate your taking the time to answer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2024 at 9:15 AM, graphicguy said:

Well....I had that cruise discount  burning a hole in my account.  So....

Sorry I had to redact so much, but it showed personal data,  the discount number and credit card information.

I had to make the reservations through NCL (not their regular phone likes), but they said I could transfer it to my TA.  Will see if my TA can add her usual discount/OBC because for an HJ cabin, this is crazy good.

I just read your review today.  I was interested because I will be sailing on the Prima in July. It’s a different itinerary, but your review was so interesting, I read it in its entirety. How exciting that in your post-cruise update, you revealed that you’re going to sail NCL Joy, Quebec City, September 10th. That’s my next cruise. I hope to see you on board!

Thanks for the review!

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:26 AM, graphicguy said:

Huge NCL faux pas.  Doors to some Haven areas are unmarked!  Wandered past this one many times thinking it was crew access only!

IMG_2706.jpeg

On 2/5/2024 at 1:44 PM, graphicguy said:

Passion Fruit mousse…very good!

IMG_2784.jpeg

Was this at Indulge?

On 2/6/2024 at 7:17 PM, graphicguy said:

Secret Haven Door (this isn’t the only unmarked Haven Door….there are others on different decks.  As @cruiseny4life points out, it’s just past the Haven Restaruant in a little hallway to the right.  It looks like this.and brings you out to the stairs and hallway for the elevators…

IMG_2824.jpeg

IMG_2826.jpeg

Are the pictures of the doors taken from inside or outside the Haven? I’ll have too look for them in January. 

6 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Was this at Indulge?

Are the pictures of the doors taken from inside or outside the Haven? I’ll have too look for them in January. 

Pic of the door was taken outside the Haven.  If I hadn’t noticed a Haven guest coming out, I wouldn’t have known how to get in.  Previous Havens on previous ships I had been in had placards clearly marked on doors to their entrances.

Passion Fruit Mousse was indeed from Indulge.  

I’m sure you’ll love your cruise!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Pic of the door was taken outside the Haven.  If I hadn’t noticed a Haven guest coming out, I wouldn’t have known how to get in.  Previous Havens on previous ships I had been in had placards clearly marked on doors to their entrances.

Passion Fruit Mousse was indeed from Indulge.  

I’m sure you’ll love your cruise!

Thanks for your quick reply. I really enjoyed the details you included in this thread. I was on the Escape the same week, and I just found this thread when @Taconix posted on Thursday.

Hopefully your ankle is fully healed by now. I’ll be on the lookout for water on the floor near the Local because my mom and in-laws will be on the cruise with my husband and me.   

One question that you might be able to help with: Are stairs the only way to get to the Haven sundeck on deck 17? That’s how it appears from the deck plans. 

IMG_1843.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

Edited by Candy Apple 12

26 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Thanks for your quick reply. I really enjoyed the details you included in this thread. I was on the Escape the same week, and I just found this thread when @Taconix posted on Thursday.

Hopefully your ankle is fully healed by now. I’ll be on the lookout for water on the floor near the Local because my mom and in-laws will be on the cruise with my husband and me.   

One question that you might be able to help with: Are stairs the only way to get to the Haven sundeck on deck 17? That’s how it appears from the deck plans. 

IMG_1843.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed it!  

I “think” the stairs are the only way to 17.  I took the Haven elevator and don’t recall it going to 17.  However, that doesn’t mean other elevators wouldn’t take you there (that’s where the Vibe is).

25 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Glad you enjoyed it!  

I “think” the stairs are the only way to 17.  I took the Haven elevator and don’t recall it going to 17.  However, that doesn’t mean other elevators wouldn’t take you there (that’s where the Vibe is).

It looks like you’d have to walk through the Vibe to get to the Haven sundeck if you took the elevators, but maybe the concierge or other Haven staff could facilitate this if you had difficulty with stairs. It just seems like poor planning, but maybe there was no room for the Haven elevators on deck 17. We’ll see how the elders are doing with stairs come January. Hopefully no issues. 

29 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

It looks like you’d have to walk through the Vibe to get to the Haven sundeck if you took the elevators, but maybe the concierge or other Haven staff could facilitate this if you had difficulty with stairs. It just seems like poor planning, but maybe there was no room for the Haven elevators on deck 17. We’ll see how the elders are doing with stairs come January. Hopefully no issues. 

Concierge took my up there on a tour.  But, we went via steps.  If you are in the Haven, call the concierge line.  They should be able to tell you definitively.

Happy Sailing!