Captain's Coctail Party

KansasScrapper

Hmm, good question. I couldn't see how they would be a problem. You certainly should be able to bring a companion and it's not like Princess checks your ID at the door or anything to make sure only the invited attend. Maybe this is one of those, 'don't ask, don't tell' situations, but I would inquire once on the ship. Personally, I would rather stay with my companion than ditch him or her just for a cocktail party.

Charlie

I do believe that it depends on the particular ship, and the Cruise Social Director.

Presently on Regal Princess, and another couple (our tablemates) invited, with permission of the Captain's Circle Social Director, their friends (non-qualifying) to the Captain's Social for Elite members.

They did check invitations at the door, but I didn't see them turning anybody away. I am sure if you have an invitation, it will be fine. Have you been to one of these before? It's not a big deal. You get a free drink and listen to speeches from the captain, cruise director, etc., and they give out bottles of champagne to the longest cruisers. In a word, pretty boring.

Archived