Oddity over canceled Black Friday deal

We have two cruises next year and booked a couple Black Friday deals through the Cruise Planner that I later canceled. The first cruise has its final payment date this weekend so yesterday, I get an email that I owe $137.50 or it’ll be canceled. It was paid off months ago. I come to notice the Cococay balloon ride I booked and then canceled was for exactly $137.50. Weird.

When I load up the Cruise Planner, it says my cruises are paid off. But when I go to the “make a payment” page, it show a balance owing of $137.50. Further, one of my payments toward the cruise has been reduced by $137.50 over what I paid and see on the credit card statement. 

For my other cruise, I booked and later canceled excursions for a little over $1200. Cruise planner says cruise is paid off. “Make a payment” says I owe a little over $1200. It was paid off months ago. One payment was reduced by $1200 over what I actually paid. 

I reached out and they claim the system shows both paid off but then I asked for an invoice. They showed a payment due. Guy claims they’ll fix that on their end and send a new confirmation in a week. I guess we will see…

Anyone experienced nonsense like this? Cruise Planner payments should never communicate with the actual booking payment system and yet they do. Why would they program the system in this way? Bizarre. 

• Like 1

It's a known glitch and you need to keep pressing them to resolve the issue. 

There is a risk of your cruises being cancelled because of monies that the system "thinks" you still owe even when you don't.

I remember reading about one case where they had to use a work-around of manually setting the final payment date to a date that was later than the sailing date.

This happened to me as well. I had to keep calling them. Every day I would get an email that said my cruise was paid in full as well as it saying that I owed $144. Which was the price of a cancelled purchase. I eventually got it resolved after about a week of calling them nearly every day until I got somebody on the phone who knew how to handle the problem.

• Like 1

Utterly embarassing this sort of stuff can happen.

It's like the new version of the glitch of the 'old' version of the website where if you entered the reservation in the wrong way then it could reprice your booking / remove all your discounts.

• Like 1

Another victim, here. Was on the phone for 45 minutes after a 25 minute wait. As someone said, it is a known glitch. I was told that I would continue to get emails but to ignore them. A note was attached to my reservation. May ghost balance due was 87.62. On final payment day, even though I was told not to worry about it, it's under control, I got nervous and charged my credit card for the balance. 2 days later the charge was reversed and credited back to my card. Nothing I can do now but wait until February 7th checkin day and see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HERDFAN said:

Another victim, here. Was on the phone for 45 minutes after a 25 minute wait. As someone said, it is a known glitch. I was told that I would continue to get emails but to ignore them. A note was attached to my reservation. May ghost balance due was 87.62. On final payment day, even though I was told not to worry about it, it's under control, I got nervous and charged my credit card for the balance. 2 days later the charge was reversed and credited back to my card. Nothing I can do now but wait until February 7th checkin day and see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

Such nonsense. I was able to get someone competent in resolutions to fix my Wonder sailing with a $1205 ghost balance but I made a $138 payment for the other sailing and suddenly see $138 due again (I presume the overpayment was refunded). Rude agent said he didn’t know what I was talking about seeing that and “not to worry.” Resolutions recommends waiting for it to magically resolve. Final payment is the 8th, so if it’s still there, I guess I’ll pay the $138 then to get past that deadline. It doesn’t seem like they cancel once a reservation “survives” that 90-day purge. 

So ridiculous. 

Have you received any emails since final payment about a payment being due?

Edited by pyrateslife4me84

9 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Such nonsense. I was able to get someone competent in resolutions to fix my Wonder sailing with a $1205 ghost balance but I made a $138 payment for the other sailing and suddenly see $138 due again (I presume the overpayment was refunded). Rude agent said he didn’t know what I was talking about seeing that and “not to worry.” Resolutions recommends waiting for it to magically resolve. Final payment is the 8th, so if it’s still there, I guess I’ll pay the $138 then to get past that deadline. It doesn’t seem like they cancel once a reservation “survives” that 90-day purge. 

So ridiculous. 

Have you received any emails since final payment about a payment being due?

Yes. I get an email every couple days telling me I have that 87 dollar plus balance due. I've saved all emails. I actually have a pdf from them on the day after final payment showing paid in full. Also have one dated a month before, when I actually paid the cruise off, showing paid in full. Like I said, I'm not gonna fret about it until check in day comes and I can't complete check in or some other problem. Then I'm gonna be pissed.

This seems like a good reason to use a travel agent. Haven't heard of this occurring when you only pay for add-ons through RC and cruise fare through a TA.

But it's amazing that they still haven't fixed this issue.