First MSC Cruise - Seashore out of Port Canaveral - Check In question(s)

steveknj

I bet that this question has been asked before.   We are taking our first MSC cruise.   I've heard (mostly from my son) that we would need to print out all of our check in materials, but when I went through the check in process through the MSC app, it says there's a boarding pass.  Is that boarding pass all I need when I get to the pier?  If I need more, what exactly do I need.  I know on the other cruise lines we've taken (Carnival, NCL, Royal), what's in the app or what we got via email was enough.   I know we need our passport and all that.

Also, is there a way to pre-book specialty restaurants or is that something I cannot do until we get on board.  I know you can buy a meal plan, but we don't want to do that, as this is a 3 night cruise and we want to at least experience the MDR once, and a specialty once and then perhaps make a decision on the third night based on our MDR experience. 

Any other embarkation tips?

They want to see the paper with the bar code, that’s page two of the docs.  They never asked for the health questionnaire.  I was surprised that for my December cruise I could access the checkin docs via the app, but I didn’t try that, it was just faster to flash the paper.

I understand you can’t pre book times for specialty . Just onboard.  You can pretty much ignore the assigned checkin time.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

They want to see the paper with the bar code, that’s page two of the docs.  They never asked for the health questionnaire.

I agree with the above. They never asked for anything beyond that on my most recent Port Canaveral sailing. Even the employee made a comment that NCL is much more strict than MSC at check-in. I had the paper and everything filled out just in case but nothing more than the code (QR/bar) was needed. 

• Like 1