Mixing FAS and Platinum Dining

Can the free at sea dining credit and the platinum level dining coupon be used at the same time? The situation is that my husband and I are platinum level and receive 2 coupons for dinners for two people, and we also (as the first two on the cabin) receive 2 specialty meals each. On our upcoming cruise we have an additional person in our cabin. She does not have status and also does not receive the free at sea. So what I want to know is if I'm able to combine the two at one meal so that, for example, I use my free at sea credit and my husband use the platinum coupon with our friend as the other person? I don't necessarily see why it would be disallowed since in the end we received and would use 8 total meals either way, regardless of who is actually eating the meal, but I did know if anyone has done it before and had any problems.

29 minutes ago, lawdawg04 said:

Can the free at sea dining credit and the platinum level dining coupon be used at the same time? The situation is that my husband and I are platinum level and receive 2 coupons for dinners for two people, and we also (as the first two on the cabin) receive 2 specialty meals each. On our upcoming cruise we have an additional person in our cabin. She does not have status and also does not receive the free at sea. So what I want to know is if I'm able to combine the two at one meal so that, for example, I use my free at sea credit and my husband use the platinum coupon with our friend as the other person? I don't necessarily see why it would be disallowed since in the end we received and would use 8 total meals either way, regardless of who is actually eating the meal, but I did know if anyone has done it before and had any problems.

Seems like this should work.

We have done this in the past.

There is the risk that the servers would insist that the platinum guests use that voucher, but it seems unlikely and I haven’t heard of that happening (as long as at least one person using it is platinum).

no problem with this plan at all.  Just know that after the two meals with the 3 of you, you and your husband will still have 1 FAS credit left each.  You could either just go to dinner just the two of you, or your friend can join you and pay for that last meal.  Or go to a restaurant that you pick 4 items (Food republic, sushi, ect.) and pick 8 items and share among the three of you

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, lawdawg04 said:

That would work. There is zero risk that the servers would try to figure out who is platinum. It is a dinner for two, no mention of status.

Technically, the platinum dinners are 3-course meals. 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert. While the FAS dinners are 4-course meals 1 app, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert. 

In practice, we have always been given 4-course meals with our platinum vouchers and we sail 6 times a year. We order our 4 courses and they are comped with the platinum voucher. 

Don’t ask, don’t tell. There are people foolish enough to insist on asking the server “it says here that I only get three courses, are you reeeeeealy going to give me four courses”. Don’t do that. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I have done this with no issue. Explain what you want to do with the Maître D when you check in. Then double check the "bill" that the server brings you at the end of the meal to make sure that everything was properly applied. Like Bird Travels stated, you can get an additional meal with the third person eating from your selections and, if needed, ordering something ala cart. 

And make sure to get your bottle of wine from the Platinum coupon too!!!! 

We did exactly that on Prima in September. We used a combination of our FAS credits and platinum vouchers to pay for my nephews pizza at Onda. Got him to order an app that the adults wanted to eat and it all worked out in the end. At first the servers were very confused about who had to use the voucher vs who was ordering from the credit as one is transferrable/sharable the other is not. But when they saw he was 12yrs old and only really wanted a pizza they let up on the speech about who can do what.

When you check in at the podium just give them your voucher, when the server comes over explain you have both a voucher and one FAS credit to be used. They'll sort it out.