First time on MSC Virtuosa

Poppy6879

Hi all!

I have booked a cruise on MSC Virtuosa for later this year.

First time sailing on one of MSC's ships.

But stupidly, I watched a YouTube video from 'Ritzy Travel Guide' titled 'MSC Virtuosa: this ship is getting TERRIBLE reviews? WHY? We investigate'.

The video seemed to find fault in most things on the ship - especially the queues and the towels on sunlounges at the start of each day.

And to finish it all, an extremely disorganised disembarkation on the final day, where supposedly 6000 people were in a queue to leave the ship!

I was just wondering, what are other peoples views of this ship? Is it really as bad as 'Ritzy' makes out?

Have I made a terrible mistake??

I have only ever sailed with P&O in the past, so wanted to experience a different line!

• Like 1

We had a brilliant time on Virtuosa, I must admit at busy times in the buffet they did run out of plates and food was not replenished very quickly, it was quite hectic, it was also hard to get a sunbed, I have found this on other cruise lines though.  It did not spoil our holiday at all, the ship if fun and the staff were brilliant.

The towels on sun loungers isn't an MSC issue. It's a rude/entitled passenger issue. I have sailed with MSC twice now (Meraviglia). For the price, I'm not sure what people expect. For the price, I'll continue to sail MSC, but perhaps not out on NYC anymore. 

Look at other vlogs.

I like they way onecouplesadventures present.

Plenty of others.

They started cruising 2022 and their reports from Virtuosa and Euribia are good.

We have done Virtuosa 5 times and work round the major problem areas.

Disembark, just plan to get off last no lines.

Go have late breakfast or sit in a lounge.

Buffet can be a challenge at times we just try to avoid the crazy breakfast early or wait till the main tours have left.

Bars were quiet early evening when show and early dinner suck people away we do late dinner.

Aft bar Horizon is often quiet as people don't find it gets busy later in the cruise.

Etc.

One issue is Brits love to join queues so you do see them when they are avoidable.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:46 PM, Poppy6879 said:

Hi all!

I have booked a cruise on MSC Virtuosa for later this year.

First time sailing on one of MSC's ships.

But stupidly, I watched a YouTube video from 'Ritzy Travel Guide' titled 'MSC Virtuosa: this ship is getting TERRIBLE reviews? WHY? We investigate'.

The video seemed to find fault in most things on the ship - especially the queues and the towels on sunlounges at the start of each day.

And to finish it all, an extremely disorganised disembarkation on the final day, where supposedly 6000 people were in a queue to leave the ship!

I was just wondering, what are other peoples views of this ship? Is it really as bad as 'Ritzy' makes out?

Have I made a terrible mistake??

I have only ever sailed with P&O in the past, so wanted to experience a different line!

You will be fine and have a lovely cruise.

Yes, she's a big ship with a lot of people, but once everything settles down after the first evening - because the majority of passengers are trying to find their cabin, their restaurant allocation, the theatre and their new favourite bar, it settles down.

I would never have considered such a huge ship, or MSC, prior to the pandemic, but having now booked no's 4 and 5 on Virtuosa and having not long returned from Euribia, I can't have been too traumatised by the experience.   I really am quite confused by some of the reviews.  It's how a ship deals with an issue that is the crucial thing, not necessarily the issue itself (because things happen)..  Crew on Virtuosa and Euribia have always been lovely.  The Marketplace buffet gets busy around 1pm and for some reason, everyone congregates next to the food.    I've always opted for self-disembarkation and never waited on either ship.   The rest of disembarkation is done deck by deck working from the bottom to the top = all of which is explained in the information sheet delivered to the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I agree - a ship with lots of people doesn't make it crowded. A ship with alot of people and no facilities and poor layout make it crowded. I was on Symphony of the Seas, significantly larger than Virtuosa and had an incredible time. Didn't feel crowded at all.