The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday, January 7th, 2024

kazu

There was a thread recently in the RCI forum about an alleged decline in the food since new MDR menus were introduced about a year ago. It reminded me of the Borscht Belt joke: “The food is so bad and the portions are so small!” 

The only significant change I could see is that the MDR now has a theme each night, affecting only one starter, main, and dessert. Tonight it was American: crab cakes, fried chicken, key lime pie. There was also prime rib, which the waiters were recommending, but I had had roast beef for lunch. Tomorrow, a formal night, will be French. There is also one Indian main each evening. Tonight it was chicken saag, which I had.

The portions, mine and others that I saw, seemed the same as on my previous RCI cruises, in 2019 and 2022. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

What a day, two Midsumer Murders, check to see if Dakar has posted for Saturday, a foot ball game....check to see if Dakar has posted for Saturday, more foot ball, , fix dinner, check to see if Dakar has posted for Saturday, and there it was,  one day late, but then after we watched the highlights from Saturday, they showed Sunday!   All caught up, and then a Winter Watch from 2023, and then back to football. 

I took down the tree, the outside decorations, the stockings, the cards, (that I didnt write or mail) I felt like the Grinch.  So, now we will be done with Christmas after DH eats two more pounds of cookies, candy and caramel popcorn.  Tomorrow is pay the bills day, and my endocrinologist appointment.  Maybe the weight loss from being so ill, will help with the blood sugar results.

Sweet dreams everyone!

image.png.e40fecaaf3edf76f579e0e429a86fd3b.png

• Like 10

• LauraS locked this topic