Carnival Pride Aft cabin 4228

kajsb

If you are interested in an aft cabin with a wraparound balcony, here are some pictures to show you what our cabin was like.

http://community.webshots.com/album/151472444UdRbFN

http://community.webshots.com/album/146127830RchNhk

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;28;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise with Mom- Early 80th birthday celebration!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;06;10;15;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Since our 5/30/04 sailing on the Pride in aft cabin 4228!

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Wow, nice pictures and explainations of some of the other amenities on the aft corner category 11s. We are not in 4228, but are in 7298, another aft corner on Pride this coming October and this information is really valuable to us.

Thanks again!

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

Until Carnival Pride and the Mexican Riviera!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Explorer of the Seas-September 14, 2002

Radiance of the Seas-October 8, 2003

Brian,

I am sure you will absolutely love your aft cabin. Being on a higher deck, you should not have to deal with the noise and vibration that we experienced on deck 4. I'd love to hear about your cabin after the cruise.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;28;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise with Mom- Early 80th birthday celebration!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;06;10;15;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Since our 5/30/04 sailing on the Pride in aft cabin 4228!

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Kathy-

I'll definitely let you know. I do a big review after each cruise.

I have been on Royal Caribbean twice but this will be my first time on Carnival. Looking forward to it very much, I have heard great things about the Pride.

Thanks again,

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

Until Carnival Pride and the Mexican Riviera!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Explorer of the Seas-September 14, 2002

Radiance of the Seas-October 8, 2003

• 1 month later...

Brian,

Please be sure to take pictures of your balcony (any the overhang) for your cabin 7298 on the Pride. I will have this cabin on my next cruise on the Spirit and I'd like to see pics of the balcony.

Thanks!

A lot, but only the 1st and last nights. The 1st night, we hardly slept at all. Once we got south of Cabo, the seas are calmer and the noise and vibration was not bad at all. So, yours might be different not sailing out of Long Beach, CA. But, I would book this room again knowing what I know just to have the aft cabin with the wrap around balcony. I've booked a cruise for 01/2006 and I booked it so early so I could get my choice of aft cabins. I've booked the same corner type cabin but on the verandah deck.

For me, I would only change if they had a wraparound on a higher level. Other than that, I would keep the 4228. I took a cruise this month on the Ecstasy and just had a standard balcony. It was better than nothing, but it made me miss the wraparound and the large cabin even more.

kasjb,

I'd love a wraparound! Its a little above my current cruise budget, though. I decided to just keep the cabin I have, and take all of the benefits and disadvantages that come with it. There may be noise and vibration, but it is close to the dining room and bars and on the same floor as the arcade (which my husband will be visiting- are big "little boys" allowed?). And then there is the view.... We'll have a good time no matter what.

Stokerhj, Yes, I'm sure you will have a great cruise. The view from the aft is great.

TrinaLC, Well, all the cabins on the ship do have hot and cold water showers. :D I assume you are asking about the nozzle we found on the balcony? ;)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/151472444/151474729vGtrUf

This is only cold water and so refreshing when you encounter a hot, sunny and humid day while visiting the Mexican Riviera.

SD SCREENWRITER : Just to let you know that the AFT corners on the Spirit class ships are all custom designs - the only thing you can be sure of is that the opposite aft corner (same deck) is a mirror of the other. It is my understanding that some on other levels do not have the multiple room layout - I do not recall which... but I have heard that the layout on Deck 4 is among the best - we have stayed in 4228 (Pride) and will be in 4237 on the Legend (Thanksgiving), and then back in 4228 (Miracle) next July. I can't imagine sailing on a Spirit class ship in any other type of cabin! On Conquest class ships they are CAT 9's - the rooms are not as plush (and NOT multiple rooms), yet the balconys are still large.

Tom

Hi Tom!

After reading your post, I called Carnival to check on our cabin 7298. Cuz if it did not have the multiple rooms, then I would rethink our choice of cabins. But, all is well. :D 7298 on the verandah deck does have multiple rooms- separate bedroom, sitting area, 2 tv's/2vcr's, dressing room, etc. Thank you for posting this information. Otherwise I might have ended up with a rude surprise if this cabin didn't have the multiple room layout. :)

Archived