Classification of Queens Suites

Jim_Iain

I'm rather new here and hoping someone can explain the difference between a Q5, Q6 and Q7 classification.   Is it purely location?   I noticed on a cruise I'm looking at the Q7's on QM2 are already sold out, there is 1 Q6 left and lots of Q5.  

Thanks for the help.

Yep location.  Cabins are the same and so is the service.  Just depends on where you want your cabin located.  I don't mind the Q7 at all, some think there is more motion in those cabins but I reply Look where the suites all are.

The difference between the Q7 suites and the Q5/Q6 suites on QM2 is that the Q7 suites are wheelchair accessible. There are only 5 of them so they can sell out quickly. Plus you'll only see availability for the Q7's during the booking process on the Cunard website if you indicate you need a wheelchair accessible suite.

The difference between the Q5 and Q6 suites on QM2 is location. The Q6 suites are all forward while the Q5 suites are midships and mid-aft. There are quite a few more Q5 suites than Q6 suites on QM2. That combined with the Q6 suites being less expensive probably accounts for why you are seeing more availability for Q5 suites compared to Q6 suites.

Q6 suites are fine (exact same layout and size as Q5) and if closer to mid/forward then a great deal compared to a Q5 that might be only 1-3 suites further back midship. Price difference can be significant.

That said, I’d avoid the Q6 suites 9001/3 as they are close to the cigar lounge. Depending on your nose sensitivity you may be offended by the wafting smoke in the corridor (it was noticeable to me walking past those suites). 

2 minutes ago, Austcruiser84 said:

Q6 suites are fine (exact same layout and size as Q5) and if closer to mid/forward then a great deal compared to a Q5 that might be only 1-3 suites further back midship. Price difference can be significant.

That said, I’d avoid the Q6 suites 9001/3 as they are close to the cigar lounge. Depending on your nose sensitivity you may be offended by the wafting smoke in the corridor (it was noticeable to me walking past those suites). 

The other nice thing about the Q6s is they have sliding doors onto the balcony, which are so much easier to manage than the ordinary ones, if, say, you want to take a bottle and a couple of glasses out.

Thank you all for your quick reply.  It really helps.      The one Q6 available is 9001 which @Austcruiser84 mentioned was adjacent to Churchill Cigar Bar.   

Now the final question.    This cruise is out in 2025 so plenty of time.   We have our first Cunard cruise booked for 2024.     Is it better to hold off booking until our cruise in November 2024 and book this one while on board.   Most cruise line have a promotional on-board booking program.

Ok - an add on to that question.   When reading Cunard site it says you can cancel at anytime prior to final payment without any penalty.   If this is true it might make sense to book now and if I get a better offer onboard then cancel and rebook with the OBC offer for booking on-board.

Edited by Jim_Iain