Viking Saturn noise from laundry room?

Josefa

I just booked a cruise on Viking Saturn.  I am getting a room on deck 4.  I have a room reserved near the rear elevator right now.  There are some rooms available midship directly across from the laundry room/launderette.  Would these have noise from laundry?  I like location better but I don't want noise.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Thanks.

Thanks for asking this as I'm booked in 3056 on the Saturn in a couple of weeks and am worried about being directly across from the laundry room. I've searched this forum for that cabin number and found some mentions about the laundry, so you might be able to do the same with the cabin you're considering.

The posts I found mentioned that the laundry door being opened and shut can be heard, but that the  annoyance from the noise was more than made up for by the convenience of being so close to the laundry room. Hoping that's true! I'll look forward to responses from anyone who has experienced a cabin across from the laundry. I'll also post my own experience after my cruise in a couple of weeks. 

The only thing I will say is that you might hear the door open and close, but it is a very soft close is allowed to close on its own.

The other thing is that the laundry is very popular and to get an open machine people do start very early and also do laundry very late.

My personal experience is that you will not be bothered.  We find the Viking cabin's very soundproofed

• Like 1

We've been very close to the laundry room on previous cruises,  4054 as I recall, and noise was not a problem at all. Would not worry about noise and enjoy the close proximity to the laundry and the elevators. 

Cheers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Josefa said:

I just booked a cruise on Viking Saturn.  I am getting a room on deck 4.  I have a room reserved near the rear elevator right now.  There are some rooms available midship directly across from the laundry room/launderette.  Would these have noise from laundry?  I like location better but I don't want noise.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Thanks.

On one of our cruises, we were in a stateroom directly across from the laundry.

Not only did we never hear any noise from the laundry, but my wife found it extremely convenient to be able to scoot across the hall, put clothes in a machine, then go back at the appropriate time to move our clothes.

In fact, she's asked me to try to get future staterooms in a similar location.

• Like 1

I was on Saturn, July 2023 in cabin 3056 across from the laundry. I could hear the door closing along with our neighbors door, of course. It was not bothersome and certainly not loud enough to wake me up.

• Like 1