Jost Van Dyke Escape Through CruiseExcursions.Com

NickAndJessicaInMO

3 hours ago, NickAndJessicaInMO said:

I would say logistically the only difference is the catamaran versus the ferry. The ferry was right at the port in Road Town, ironically docked right next to the Rebel Yell. For a 4 hour tour, we got about 2 hours 45 minutes of beach time. All in all pretty good all things considered. I have heard others suggest you could just take the ferry but I am not sure this is true. As I recall, Smith’s did not have a ferry directly from Road Town to JVD, at least on a Sunday (perhaps because the ferry is hired out on Sundays for this private tour?) and all of the other ferry’s required us to take a 30-35 minute taxi from cruise port to another dock. Unfortunately Virgin did not have a tour available so this was the best option.

No ferry from Road Town to Jost…

With the New Horizons ferry out of Soper’s Hole (West End) you are dropped at the dock in Great Harbour, near Foxy’s place, and then either taxi or dinghy over to WB…

4 hours ago, blue_water said:

No ferry from Road Town to Jost…

With the New Horizons ferry out of Soper’s Hole (West End) you are dropped at the dock in Great Harbour, near Foxy’s place, and then either taxi or dinghy over to WB…

Maybe not available outside of the excursion booking, but we traveled via ferry from Road Town as part of the ShoreExcursions.com booking. Maybe they have a contract with the excursion operator, who knows.

1 hour ago, NickAndJessicaInMO said:

Maybe not available outside of the excursion booking, but we traveled via ferry from Road Town as part of the ShoreExcursions.com booking. Maybe they have a contract with the excursion operator, who knows.

Thanks for that! So this was an actual public ferry, like Speedy’s, Sensations, or New Horizons? I know Horizons at least does lease or charter private transfers…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NickandJessica,  Thanks so much for that info...  That is what we needed to know!!!

Can you tell me how it all went..  what time you left from the Cruise Ship and what time you got back.

I hope you had good weather and a great day.

16 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

NickandJessica,  Thanks so much for that info...  That is what we needed to know!!!

Can you tell me how it all went..  what time you left from the Cruise Ship and what time you got back.

I hope you had good weather and a great day.

I highly recommend- super convenient way to get to and from White Bay as the guide will meet you right at the port entrance gates and the water taxi is docked right at the port. I believe with travel, we got about 2 hours and 45 minutes of beach time. We left on the earlier tour (I want to say 9:15, maybe)? And we’re back at the port by 1:15-1:30. It was a beautiful day- great weather and gorgeous beach sites. Definitely one of my favorite excursions from our trip. We will absolutely be back.