Guiness Storehouse in Dublin

I'll be tendering into Dun Laoghaire, then taking a coach into Dublin. This was purchased as an excursion so that I can hopefully be first off in the morning. From Dublin, is it best to take a cab to the Guiness Storehouse? If anyone has been, which tour did you do and do you recommend? My husband and I love Guiness, so it was on the must see list.

Thank you!

I'm not sure how much this will help you since we did the tour, gawd, 25 years ago, but it was absolutely wonderful.  We weren't on a cruise and stayed in Dublin 9.  Our tour included the brewery and a tasting at the end.  We got to keep our tasting glasses.  There was a little restaurant at the end and it had the best soup and brown bread I've ever had.  

We did the hop on, hop off bus and saw a lot of things in a short period of time.  (And, if you like whiskey, check out the Jameson Distillery.)

Thanks for letting me relive a fun time, even though I wasn't much help. 🙂

• Like 1

I would take a taxi, if you aren't doing the HOHO bus for other reasons.  I would not walk there.  I actually did walk to the Storehouse.  But I was staying in Dublin for 3 days so I had ample time.  But for a day visit, doing the walk takes up too much of your time, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I would take a taxi as well which is what we did when we visited in September.  We did the tour that included how to properly pour a glass of Guiness.  Great fun!!  We did have a bowl of chowder in the restaurant at the end - very delicious.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. Looks like taking a taxi is the best and fastest way to get there. 

If we have time afterwards, might book The Book of Kell's experience. Not sure if that's a "must see" for us, though. We love our pubs, so I can see us at Trinity Bar or any other pub that you recommend!

We did the Book of Kells experience but were quite underwhelmed. However, the library is quite something BUT was going through a refurbishment in the fall.  So was not the best use of time for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmlh said:

We did the Book of Kells experience but were quite underwhelmed. However, the library is quite something BUT was going through a refurbishment in the fall.  So was not the best use of time for us.

I've read that a lot of books are not in the library as they are still doing the refurbishment.

I think you solidified my plan! Thanks so much.