Sofa bed in Signature Suite?

katmu

I’m looking at a cruise for myself and my 2 sons for next year, and considering going with a signature suite vs. 2 verandah cabins.  The issue is that someone would have to sleep on the sofa bed if we go with the signature suite.  I tried doing a search but the results mainly were talking about the pullout beds in the verandahs.  The extra bed in the signature looks to be a different style. The cruise I’m looking at would be on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  TIA.

We had one of these a few years ago with our then 19 year old son. I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed as we thought it a bit “short” for our son. Depending how tall your sons are, this may be a good arrangement for you. It flips out lengthways as a single and I found it very comfortable.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We had one of these a few years ago with our then 19 year old son. I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed as we thought it a bit “short” for our son. Depending how tall your sons are, this may be a good arrangement for you. It flips out lengthways as a single and I found it very comfortable.

The boys sadly inherited their height from their parents and not from some of the taller relatives in the family.  The taller one is only 5’9” so I think we could make it work.  I’m leaning towards going with the Signature.  Thank you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, katmu said:

The boys sadly inherited their height from their parents and not from some of the taller relatives in the family.  The taller one is only 5’9” so I think we could make it work.  I’m leaning towards going with the Signature.  Thank you.

We've had 3 w/1 using the sleeper w/no complaints.

Enjoy the larger balcony!!

I was just on Koningsdam, and they had a Murphy bed in the wall in the desk-storage area next to the bedroom itself, which seems quite idea, since it's a separate room with more privacy. They had a huge non-bed divan next to the bed, which someone could sleep on easily.