Upgrades and Haven

I know this has probably been asked and covered many times before,but my searches have yielded nothing. So please bear with me…

if I were to bid on an upgrade to the Haven and I win, are all the Haven amenities still available to me?  Is there any alcohol such as wine that is left in the cabin?  We are Sapphire, so we usually get the bottle of sparkly in our room anyway, but that stuff makes us both very queasy. We did not get the drink package, as were both supposed to not imbibe much and an open bar is just too enticing. But we do enjoy an occasional drink. Just curious as to what would be included in the Haven perks, should we be lucky enough to get it.  

1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

If you win the bid you get all the perks associated with being in the Haven.  That does not include any additional alcohol unless you are in the Owners Suite.  

What alcohol do you get in the Owner's suite? Can you ask for bottles of the premium plus whiskies like Blanton's?

If you get the owner's suite, they will send you a list to choose from. None of the bottles to choose from are on the premium plus list. I was in a DOS in December, IIRC, the whiskeys available were Jameson, Dewars and Crown Royal. 

Some of the other available bottles were Kahlua, Patron silver, I think Ketel one, an irish cream (not Bailey's), and several wines. Also in the Owner's and Deluxe Owners Suites, your butler will stock your room with canned sodas of your choosing, bottled waters and juices and these do not incur extra charges like the "mini bar" in other rooms.

They will refill as often as you like with waters and mixers. I have seen some people comment that you do not get full size bottles, but the ones we got were the 1 liter bottles. 

12 minutes ago, Tallulah20 said:

If you get the owner's suite, they will send you a list to choose from. None of the bottles to choose from are on the premium plus list. I was in a DOS in December, IIRC, the whiskeys available were Jameson, Dewars and Crown Royal. 

Number of bottles? I believe it’s 1 bottle for an Owners suite, 3 bottles for a Garden Villa? 

28 minutes ago, bluefish17 said:

What alcohol do you get in the Owner's suite? Can you ask for bottles of the premium plus whiskies like Blanton's?

Whiskey/Boubons have been Bulleit, Black Jack, Gentleman Jack.  Certainly not Blanton's.

In the DOS we got 3 bottles. I believe GV gets 6 bottles.

You can take them with you at the end of the cruise. But keep in mind that you cannot take open bottles on an airplane. We drove home and took all 3 with us.

• Like 1

From the NCL website:

• For Owner’s Suites & Garden Villas:
    • 1 bottle of Moet Champagne upon embarkation
    • Custom selection of liquor (1 bottle for cruises less than 7 days; 3 bottles for cruises 7 days or longer) upon embarkation
    • 2 bottles of spring water replenished daily
    • 2 bottles of sparkling water replenished daily
    • 6 canned sodas replenished daily
  • For all other suites:
    • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
    • 1 bottle of spring water upon embarkation

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

• Like 1

Think it used to be 6 bottles for Garden Villas, but now 3...

Hmmm, think I'll need a Vodka, Gin and Bourbon.

Anyone have the list?

Will they provide Simple Syrup and Bitters? (I need to be able to mix an Old Fashioned).

Assume Tonic water isn't an issue for G&T. 

55 minutes ago, icedearth15324 said:

As mentioned, you gain all of the Haven perks. The only perk you don't get is the 2 rewards points per night in a Haven suite.

This is a YMMV issue.  I’ve won bids into the Haven twice and both times I got the extra point per night.

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, havoc315 said:

Anyone have the list?

Will they provide Simple Syrup and Bitters? (I need to be able to mix an Old Fashioned).

I asked about vermouth and was told that a small amount shouldn't be a problem.  Ask the butler.  I never did because it was so easy to go to the bar.  I brought all three bottles home unoppened.  I'm bringing along wine diapers this trip.

7 hours ago, havoc315 said:

Anyone have the list?

We got 6 bottles in the Garden Villa on the Jewel last year 

• Like 1

That may be from their website but in reality what happens can vary widely.  Moet, they've been cheaping out on that for over ten years.  Canned soda and water varies widely.  Sometimes plenty of supply others have to keep asking.

Booze sometimes is delayed a day due to 'having to get from stores'.

10 minutes ago, Shidah said:

So Deluxe owners suite is 3 bottles, Garden villa is 6.  What about the Premier owners suite?  Seems like it would be in between these 2 categories.

I believe they changed the Garden Villa to 6.

I'll find out soon, sailing Garden Villa in July.....   Honestly, 6 would be overkill. Though wouldn't mind a 4th...   Our adults have varied tastes, could use a Gin, Vodka, Bourbon...

If they have it, Rum Chata... 

1 hour ago, havoc315 said:

I believe they changed the Garden Villa to 6.

I'll find out soon, sailing Garden Villa in July.....   Honestly, 6 would be overkill. Though wouldn't mind a 4th...   Our adults have varied tastes, could use a Gin, Vodka, Bourbon...

If they have it, Rum Chata... 

GV has been six for as long as I can remember.

As much as they are charging for the GVs these days they should have a fully stocked bar.

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

So Deluxe owners suite is 3 bottles, Garden villa is 6.  What about the Premier owners suite?  Seems like it would be in between these 2 categories.

I want to say at one time they had a listing per category as to what each got.  Over time the categories got messed with on various ships even with POA super odd.

I was worried our H5 OS on Prima would not get them plus the soda and water but we did.

Good question though as that room sleeps same or more, depending on ship as a GV.  But it isn't a H1.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

GV has been six for as long as I can remember.

As much as they are charging for the GVs these days they should have a fully stocked bar.

But as of recently, the website was updated to state, 1 bottle for owners suites and garden villas, under 7 days. 3 bottles for 7 days and longer.