Bringing wine onboard

koolkat63

3 hours ago, laura.merks said:

Has anyone put wine in their checked bags boarding in Fort Lauderdale?

No I take out of checked bags once I'm at my destination and put in carry on. 

I went through security last week during the embarkation process (celebrity summit out of miami) with about 6 cans of sparkling water.   No questions / bag checks.   My immediate thought was:  i could have bought 6 bottles (or more?) of canned wine (there's some very decent canned wine out there these days).   just a thought .   

i had 3 total bottles of wine in my checked luggage.  nothing was confiscated, no problems.  that's just my experience.   we did purchase the premium beverage package for the cruise (for two people) and the convenience factor of having drinks at lunch/dinner and at shows was HUGE.   was it expensive?  yes.  did i want to bring 7 bottles of wine for the trip (one bottle per day)?   yes!   i just didn't think that would fly with security.....     

On 1/25/2024 at 12:48 PM, laura.merks said:

Has anyone put wine in their checked bags boarding in Fort Lauderdale?

Same question. Hoping for some responses specific to Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Just now, bluewave said:

Any new info on this for Fort Lauderdale? We were thinking of putting one bottle in each checked bag and carrying on one as well. 

I just did this and had no problem! The wine in the carry on bags were not even looked at and our checked bags were even delivered to our room by 1pm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, laura.merks said:

I just did this and had no problem! The wine in the carry on bags were not even looked at and our checked bags were even delivered to our room by 1pm

Awesome 😎 Thanks! 

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Any new info on this for Fort Lauderdale? We were thinking of putting one bottle in each checked bag and carrying on one as well. 

Just a thought.

You know the rule and are stating you will break that rule.  Could Celebrity ban bringing any wine on board. 

If caught with additional wine or liquor in your luggage, Celebrity can return it to you at the end of the cruise OR destroy it.

I do note on a Hawaii cruise a member of Cruise Critic posted she was bringing CBD oil WITH THC on board and posted locations where it could legally purchased in California.   Any substance with THC is illegal as a Federally banned substance.   After the ship left port she was asked about the CBD and security confiscated the CBD and had her removed at the first port.  

Posting about breaking the rules is not a good idea 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

Yes, we had 2 bottles of wine in our checked bags boarding the Ascent in Fort Lauderdale and had no issues. We also had a bottle in our carry on bags. Upon debarkation, the table of confiscated items that people were able to retrieve was filled with irons and steamers, not alcohol.