Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

15 minutes ago, Ciaranaman said:

Jumping on board.  Really looking forward to seeing your landscape photos, sunsets included 😊. And hopefully there'll be some wildlife shots as well!

~Bernadette

Thanks for coming along for the ride.  Hope we can get all of that for everyone to see.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Since you’re an early riser, do you take sunrise photos too? I have a couple of really good ones of Mt. Vesuvius from our sail into Naples in October.

Fair question.  We def are early risers.  That said, no where near as many pics (can be just as stunning).  I have some but not as many.  Two places stand out (in my mind), Hawaii and also sailing into Puerto Vallarta one day.

Edited by jimbo5544

I am following this with great pleasure. Your pictures are stunning. We will be on the Santiago to Buenos Aires sailing in March, and am happy to see the Eclipse is in good shape. 
How have you found the weather? We will be traveling during the beginning of the South American autumn, abut  would love some information on what to expect. Please enjoy your trip and keep sending your great pictures!

First small complaint.  While we know there are other options , for breakfast and lunch we prefer easy and quick.  The Ocean View cafe has been getting busier and busier.  Yesterday lunch had to look around a lot till we found table.  Meh.  This morning we went to Blu for breakfast.  Went to Ocean Views for linch and looked for a table for 15 minutes before going to the mdr.  Here is the gripe.  Two larde tables were held by 4 people playing games.   There are tons of places. After lunch we got separated and I thought they may had gone back up there (no idea why I thought that).  I went back ip there looking for my peeps and two couples still holding table ( restaurant still totally full).  One table was clear. Hopping back down off soap box now.  

IMG_8494.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, soccermommy said:

I am following this with great pleasure. Your pictures are stunning. We will be on the Santiago to Buenos Aires sailing in March, and am happy to see the Eclipse is in good shape. 
How have you found the weather? We will be traveling during the beginning of the South American autumn, abut  would love some information on what to expect. Please enjoy your trip and keep sending your great pictures!

So far weather has been great (cool today).  We have talked to several who have done what you are doing.  Other than going around the cape, they had little to say.  Not as much sea life on that side (we have not seen any).  

After dinner I went ip on deck hoping for some sunset pics.  I did notice the seas had gotten choppy (view and feel).   When I got up there, the winds were I guess at 40 knts.  Couple of pics. 

IMG_8501.jpeg

IMG_8502.jpeg

• Like 5

On 1/20/2024 at 10:16 PM, TommyD3 said:

Any priority for Suites and Zenith ???

We were on the 6 Jan departure in a suite and we were prioritised.  Through in around 15 minutes on arrival at the terminal.

Catherine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

First small complaint.  While we know there are other options , for breakfast and lunch we prefer easy and quick.  The Ocean View cafe has been getting busier and busier.  Yesterday lunch had to look around a lot till we found table.  Meh.  This morning we went to Blu for breakfast.  Went to Ocean Views for linch and looked for a table for 15 minutes before going to the mdr.  Here is the gripe.  Two larde tables were held by 4 people playing games.   There are tons of places. After lunch we got separated and I thought they may had gone back up there (no idea why I thought that).  I went back ip there looking for my peeps and two couples still holding table ( restaurant still totally full).  One table was clear. Hopping back down off soap box now.  

IMG_8494.jpeg

Why not up in the observation lounge if you want a room with a view?  That is inconsiderate

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KforKitty said:

We were on the 6 Jan departure in a suite and we were prioritised.  Through in around 15 minutes on arrival at the terminal.

Catherine

At the first building, second building or both? Thanks !!!

8 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Why not up in the observation lounge if you want a room with a view?  That is inconsiderate

I ALMOST said something….but decided it had no upside.  Before I took they pic, they had another same size table with two people also.

8 hours ago, KforKitty said:

Both, but I think we just got lucky at the baggage drop as our taxi driver dropped us right at the door and we were just ushered past the waiting hoards.  

Catherine

On our sailing we were def part of the “HOARDS”.

• Like 1

Last night it became pretty windy, as my friend posted in post 164, there is a pretty good site that you can see the winds anywhere (more specifically where you are going to or from).  When I zoomed in on this and our proximity in the world, I can understand better what we went through.  While the seas were def higher, it was truly the wind that buffeted us around.  Assuming is is the norm, when we leave tonite, we will have to go thru this again (and when we go thru Drake’s passage).  It will be interesting.