Check in for back to back on Celebrity

@lola2013

Hi Susan

On the cruise we were together my cabin steward said he took care of everything with my new cabin steward.  BUT, things did not go as planned.  I had to track down the new steward who gave me a rolling rack to move the hanging stuff myself and I also moved the suitcases because I had to get to breakfast and attend the b2b meeting within a short period of time.  Corridors were congested which complicated things.   With all the cuts and reduced staffing, plus the stewards are extremely busy on turn around day I would say plan your day with Murphy's Law in mind.  Good luck.

Lesson learned: book early so you remain in the same cabin. 

In the case above I added the 3rd leg when X had a rare promotion for solo cruisers where there was a zero supplement required.  I had my TA re-book my b2b and with the savings I added the 3rd cruise but I had to move to another cabin for the last leg.  Luckily it was the cabin next door otherwise I would not have been able to do all that by myself.  Still I was not a happy camper.  Apparently  those 2 stewards did not get along or something - none of my business.  Even though the cabins were next to each other they had different stewards!  Lucky me😒

Mary

Mary

Edited by Beba-Beba

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You should have no problems.     Just take your Transit Card - leave between 7-9AM and return after lunch.   They will have a special desk setup for B2B (Transit Passengers).  

For your cabin -  we usually make contact with our new Stateroom Attendant and ask to call our room when the current occupant leaves their room.   When they call we swap contents of our Room Safe.  I think people are asked to be out of their room by 8:00 buy many leave when the go down to breakfast.

Most of the time they ask you to pack up anything in your room in drawers and leave hanging items in closet .  They move the hanging items without having to be packed.   Having said that on the World Cruise since there were so many B2B's (1,200+) they asked for everything to be  packed up.

We started out b2b next month in the same sky suite cabin but we have had move up success moving to a HS (Silhouette) for leg one and at the moment to our original SS, or elsewhere depending on the move up process to the other suite. I suspect, but am not sure, that the drawers may not be compatible. 

The only bobs we have done before were to the same suite. Is there anything we need to be aware of?

7 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We started out b2b next month in the same sky suite cabin but we have had move up success moving to a HS (Silhouette) for leg one and at the moment to our original SS, or elsewhere depending on the move up process to the other suite. I suspect, but am not sure, that the drawers may not be compatible. 

The only bobs we have done before were to the same suite. Is there anything we need to be aware of?

They don't move drawers -   All items in drawers, counters and bathroom must be put in suitcases.  They then just move the suitecase to the new room.    Also I usually put the extension Cord I request, special pillows and Blanket on top along with backpack etc and they move it all.

Only items on Hangers in closet are moved unpacked.   In RS and above we have laundry done in advance so most everything is on hangers.  

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They don't move drawers -   All items in drawers, counters and bathroom must be put in suitcases.  They then just move the suitecase to the new room.    Also I usually put the extension Cord I request, special pillows and Blanket on top along with backpack etc and they move it all.

Only items on Hangers in closet are moved unpacked.   In RS and above we have laundry done in advance so most everything is on hangers.  

Thanks Jim

Should be used to this process by now having don about 10 of theses over the years, mostly moving ship to ship, including moving from Port Everglades to Port of Miami or vice versa but every now and again you get something you haven’t experienced before.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

3 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

@lola2013

Hi Susan

On the cruise we were together my cabin steward said he took care of everything with my new cabin steward.  BUT, things did not go as planned.  I had to track down the new steward who gave me a rolling rack to move the hanging stuff myself and I also moved the suitcases because I had to get to breakfast and attend the b2b meeting within a short period of time.  Corridors were congested which complicated things.   With all the cuts and reduced staffing, plus the stewards are extremely busy on turn around day I would say plan your day with Murphy's Law in mind.  Good luck.

Lesson learned: book early so you remain in the same cabin. 

In the case above I added the 3rd leg when X had a rare promotion for solo cruisers where there was a zero supplement required.  I had my TA re-book my b2b and with the savings I added the 3rd cruise but I had to move to another cabin for the last leg.  Luckily it was the cabin next door otherwise I would not have been able to do all that by myself.  Still I was not a happy camper.  Apparently  those 2 stewards did not get along or something - none of my business.  Even though the cabins were next to each other they had different stewards!  Lucky me😒

Mary

Mary

Thanks Mary.  I do remember heading back to my stateroom after breakfast on the last day on Equinox and seeing you in the hallway helping with the rolling rack.  Moving right next door should have been easy peasy 😉.  Best laid plans, right? 

We booked 18 months out, but our friends on the first leg were happy with a standard stateroom.  Second leg is our favorite SV.  

Susan

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You should have no problems.     Just take your Transit Card - leave between 7-9AM and return after lunch.   They will have a special desk setup for B2B (Transit Passengers).  

For your cabin -  we usually make contact with our new Stateroom Attendant and ask to call our room when the current occupant leaves their room.   When they call we swap contents of our Room Safe.  I think people are asked to be out of their room by 8:00 buy many leave when the go down to breakfast.

Most of the time they ask you to pack up anything in your room in drawers and leave hanging items in closet .  They move the hanging items without having to be packed.   Having said that on the World Cruise since there were so many B2B's (1,200+) they asked for everything to be  packed up.

Thanks Jim,

Since the first leg is just four nights, it should be pretty easy to make the move…I only plan to unpack what I need for that short time.  Once I get back on the ship, I can totally unpack and get comfortable for the next ten nights.  I do hope to be in touch with both stateroom attendants in the first few days to insure an easy move.

Susan