Ducks!

When I retired from fdny, I taught elementary school for a few years. My kids liked reading Sarah and Duck books, as well as watch the TV series. I bought a stuffed replica of “ Duck”.  When I’d travel, I’d take “ Duck” with me and wear my school shirt, and take pictures all over the world. The kids loved it, and developed an interest in travel, and learned about different countries and cultures. Yes, he still travels with us too!JPEGimage.thumb.jpeg.5dcfe75dffd353738e3cfb511b1f2882.jpeg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Gilly said:

Don't forget to request a glass of Sauternes from the Sommelier to accompany it if that appeals 😉 

That they have dessert wines available and included in the fare is a big win, I think. Disappointingly these have disappeared on Celebrity. I do like a glass or two of dessert wine when on a cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gilly said:

Don't forget to request a glass of Sauternes from the Sommelier to accompany it if that appeals 😉 

We have a lovely French restaurant near us (La Poule au Pot) which does a gorgeous starter of Foie Gras with a glass of Montbazillac (sp?). One of those memorable courses which stays with you for ever.

• Like 1

OK, so no one answered my question and I was really curious so google was my friend and I learned of the practice of hiding ducks which I had never heard before - I personally think it is a very cute idea and if some people are offended by it, just look the other way and do not participate. It reminds me of the painted rock project. 

To the OP, go ahead - start a new trend on Regent. Hopefully others may also join - the same as decorating the suite door. Some passengers complain that it ruins the atmosphere of the ship, while others walk through each each floor looking for decorated doors.  Remember, those of us who participate in CC are a very tiny minority of total Regent cruisers and do not speak for everyone, even if some appear to have louder voices than others.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

French restaurant near us (La Poule au Pot)

I believe I know the restaurant you mean - delightful place!  I think it's where the RHS entertains us to lunch during Chelsea Flower Show 😀 

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

I believe I know the restaurant you mean - delightful place!  I think it's where the RHS entertains us to lunch during Chelsea Flower Show 😀 

On Ebury street at Mozart square. Apparently it has been there since the 1950s. The farmer's market I mentioned upthread is at Mozart square every Saturday as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYC-London said:

OK, so no one answered my question and I was really curious so google was my friend and I learned of the practice of hiding ducks which I had never heard before - I personally think it is a very cute idea and if some people are offended by it, just look the other way and do not participate. It reminds me of the painted rock project. 

Genuinely curious - what do you do if you find a duck?  Keep it (no thanks), or hide it somewhere else - and then what?  I don't understand the game.

5 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Genuinely curious - what do you do if you find a duck?  Keep it (no thanks), or hide it somewhere else - and then what?  I don't understand the game.

Google is your friend - some very good information is available. I would link it but not sure if it is allowed but it is quite easy to find - just search "hiding ducks on cruise ships"

12 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

Google is your friend - some very good information is available. I would link it but not sure if it is allowed but it is quite easy to find - just search "hiding ducks on cruise ships"

Good point.  So I looked it up and I think youngsters would absolutely love doing this.  I'm an oldster - if I saw I duck, I would probably say, "Oh look, someone hid a duck."  And then I would go to the bar and have an adult beverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjs217 said:

Good point.  So I looked it up and I think youngsters would absolutely love doing this.  I'm an oldster - if I saw I duck, I would probably say, "Oh look, someone hid a duck."  And then I would go to the bar and have an adult beverage.

I’ll be right behind you at the bar!

Top this find, for a duck.  Regent cruise last year, we take a helicopter to Whitehaven beach.  I decided to pick up the little pieces of plastic on the beach as I walk.   I look down and there is the perfect little rubber duck.  He came home with me!  

• Like 4