Kalingo beach excursion

lewiej

Anyone know of or has experienced the Celebrity excursion entitled “Ultimate Beach Experience: Kalinago Beach Resort”? They state “At Kalinago, guests are welcomed with a complimentary alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink and may spend up to an hour and a half at Morne Rouge Beach,” so my question is: are you really limited to an hour and a half or can you stay as long as you want? We would like to spend most of the day on the beach, hence the question.

Edited by lewiej

22 hours ago, lewiej said:

Anyone know of or has experienced the Celebrity excursion entitled “Ultimate Beach Experience: Kalinago Beach Resort”? They state “At Kalinago, guests are welcomed with a complimentary alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink and may spend up to an hour and a half at Morne Rouge Beach,” so my question is: are you really limited to an hour and a half or can you stay as long as you want? We would like to spend most of the day on the beach, hence the question.

If one wishes to spend a day at Kalinago, suggest one books a day pass direct with the resort and takes a cab.  The resort will have cabs for the return from rank, also one’s outward driver will be happy to be timed booked for the return to ship.

Have no idea on the cost of a day pass.  The cab fares are Government set, being displayed by the rank/captain’ kiosk in the terminal.  But work on US$25 each way (per cab not per pax).

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

For anyone interested……Reply from Kalingo Beach:

Our day passes are from 9am -5pm daily it includes, breakfast, lunch, limited alcoholic beverages and unlimited non alcoholic beverages, and access to hotel facilities such as the pool etc..

Price:

EC$175 per person 

EC$325 per couple

EC$87.5 children ( 3 - 12yrs)

EC$150 for a room                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

36 minutes ago, lewiej said:

For anyone interested……Reply from Kalingo Beach:

Our day passes are from 9am -5pm daily it includes, breakfast, lunch, limited alcoholic beverages and unlimited non alcoholic beverages, and access to hotel facilities such as the pool etc..

Price:

EC$175 per person 

EC$325 per couple

EC$87.5 children ( 3 - 12yrs)

EC$150 for a room                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Thank you for sharing with CC

Looks good value for a couple US$ 130 plus cab (50 return) = US180 - US$ 90 pp

As a rough guide, to convert EC into US$ - Divide by 2  - Then deduct 20%

eg.   EC 10 = US$ 4

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Calc

• 1 month later...

The day pass is $125 USD pp,  $220 USD/couple, and $55 USD/child (3 - 12 yrs). You can have access to a room for $157 USD which is great for a large family or two families to share.

When I inquired they stated limited alcohol selections, but I confirmed they do serve day visitors mixed drinks, rum punch, beers and frozen daiquiris…

• 1 month later...

We originally asked to go to La Plywood.   Taxi dropped us off right next door at kalingo.   We rented chairs.  No need for umbrella as plenty of trees.  We purchased a couple of drinks while there.  A lot cheaper than all inclusive.   Taxi was $16 each way.  We arranged for our driver to pick us up also.  BTW, looking over at La Playa it looked pretty rundown   

25 minutes ago, negn said:

We originally asked to go to La Plywood.   Taxi dropped us off right next door at kalingo.   We rented chairs.  No need for umbrella as plenty of trees.  We purchased a couple of drinks while there.  A lot cheaper than all inclusive.   Taxi was $16 each way.  We arranged for our driver to pick us up also.  BTW, looking over at La Playa it looked pretty rundown   

Thank you so much for this valuable update…. Will now make others aware of the poor state of Plywood, so they make the right and informed choice.

2 hours ago, negn said:

Nice to know you can go “ala carte” at Kalinago for folks who just want to spend a couple hours there. We’ll probably spend a little time there at the end of our private tour.

How is the beach and sea there?

Beach is clean.  Sea a little difficult to get out of for us older folks. Has that little hump near shoreline and you have a tendency to sink into.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 10:49 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Out of courtesy one will let @TTEllis know of you kind efforts and the posting same. Todd is always seeking advice on AI’s

I appreciate that!!😁

LaPlywood sounds like a great plan for my day on Grenada.

Yes I'm the AI king PORT ROYAL😁😎😁😎, and I know your not real fond of AI but BUT I only have to swipe my credit card one time.🤗🥳😵‍💫😂

Edited by TTEllis

On 4/2/2024 at 8:25 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Thank you so much for this valuable update…. Will now make others aware of the poor state of Plywood, so they make the right and informed choice.

Wait a minute!! Those rundown especially rundown Southern Caribbean beach bars serve the COLDEST🥶🥶🥶Beer EVER. 

I love rundown beach bars in the Caribbean they're nothing but fun and like you said PORT ROYAL they're not pretending to be something they're not.😉😎🌞🌞🌞🤜🤛

Our favorite beach bars are not “rundown”, really. Sounds more like “seedy”, “undesirable” or in a poor state, rather than a modest but maintained spot. Maybe in its day?

Our favorite beach bars are also quite modest…definitely never anything to write home about as far as the structure. Many are built from driftwood left by the last hurricane. In fact many like Miss Patricia’s place in Smuggler’s Cove, Tortola, or other bars in Mexico and Belize are actually not bars at all, just stands that the owner drags his stuff to everyday! But they aren’t dirty or being “let go”, and the owner takes care of us.

So this may be just semantics, but I just wanted to chime in on @negn’s behalf…😄