Crown Grille Reservations

nlsgmk

Have been trying to book a reservation for a party of 5 in Crown Grille for May 2024cruise.  The app indicates no reservations for 5 at anytime during the week.  Yet there are unlimited reservations at all times for parties of 4,3 or 2.   Does the restaurant not have tables for 5?  We booked two reservations for 2 and 3 and hoping to speak with the maitre’d once we are on board about combining the 2,3 for a party of 5.  Any other suggestions?

Yes, I've eaten with a party of 6 and I'm sure they can seat 5. The app is just a piece of excrement for some functions. If you have a TA or a PVP get them to make the reservation. Otherwise try Live Chat. As a last resort try calling Princess.

48 minutes ago, nlsgmk said:

Have been trying to book a reservation for a party of 5 in Crown Grille for May 2024cruise.  The app indicates no reservations for 5 at anytime during the week.  Yet there are unlimited reservations at all times for parties of 4,3 or 2.   Does the restaurant not have tables for 5?  We booked two reservations for 2 and 3 and hoping to speak with the maitre’d once we are on board about combining the 2,3 for a party of 5.  Any other suggestions?

I would contact PCL as mentioned above.  I do not agree with two bookings as it gums up the works for other guests and your two tables may not be together.  Whatever you book, you are going to have an extra seat since there are no odd-seating tables.  Try PCL help first, but if you get to the CG (no "e") on day 1, you can normally make an arrangement.  Just don't delay much in looking into it.

So followed up with our travel agent, who advised to call Princess.  The Princess customer service agent could not book a table for 5 and advised to book tables for 2 and 3 and contact the maitre’d once on board.   So we now have two reservations (table for 2 and 3), which we will cross our fingers we can combine!  Seems a bit ‘round-a-bout’ but we will see what happens!