Europe Cruises- Couple of questions

Xmansmom

We are doing a 10 day port intensive cruise this summer. A couple of questions that my group has:

1. Can we watch movies (will there be movies) on the tv in the stateroom?

2. Are there any theme nights on this type of cruise?

Just now, Xmansmom said:

We are doing a 10 day port intensive cruise this summer. A couple of questions that my group has:

1. Can we watch movies (will there be movies) on the tv in the stateroom?

2. Are there any theme nights on this type of cruise?

1. Yes. There are a couple of channels showing no additional fee movies. You can also watch a selection of pay-per-view movies. No clue if that's still the term, but you'll get the point.

2. No clue as I don't participate. For your group, I hope so tho!

• Like 1

If you are referring to things like the White Hot Party then these don’t seem to have returned to cruises in Europe since Covid.

Prior to that they often seemed to be listed in the dailies (like cruiseny4life we don’t participate, so I can’t say for sure, but I certainly used to see reference to them). However I haven’t seen any reference to them since the Covid restart.

Pre-COVID we did a 14 day B2B out of Venice on Jade in '15 that was very port-intensive also.  Had the usual theme nights.  Ditto similar trip on Star in '16 & post-COVID on our TA to Europe we also had the usual theme nights.  Cannot speak to European cruises post-pandemic, however.

Hope you have a good cruise!

Edited by tomk3212

We did a Prima cruise London (Southampton) to Reykjavik.

Yes, there were movies on the tv, both free and at an additional cost. DW need dumb tv to fall asleep, and it doesn't come much dumber than 80 for Brady. 🤣

There were no theme nights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Except that it doesn’t seem to be on European cruises post Covid.

Ahh my mistake I was on a TA with mostly European ports so that must have made a difference.

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

1. Yes. There are a couple of channels showing no additional fee movies. You can also watch a selection of pay-per-view movies. No clue if that's still the term, but you'll get the point.

2. No clue as I don't participate. For your group, I hope so tho!

If theme night includes the "Glow Party" then you may also experience 70's night, 80's night and I think they even did 90's on my most recent cruise on the Breakaway/Nov 2023.

70's and 80's were very fun - glad I went

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies, I have just checked the dailies from the Breakaway last September and it does appear that the parties did happen on that ship.

They didn't seem to happen on the smaller ships when we were onboard post Covid though.

They also don't seem to do things like Norwegian Night Out any more though. Not sure whether that is everywhere or just Europe.