Any advantage to purchasing future cruise on-board?

RGEDad

On 2/25/2024 at 11:40 AM, It'smegrandma said:

Reading all the comments about FCD makes me think what a good idea that would be.  We are sailing on a B2B in March to Australia/New Zealand and could certainly do this.  My question is, we also just booked a 14 day cruise for September 2025.  Should I check the price of this cruise when we return to see if there is a better price and use the FCD or ask the future cruise reps about rebooking at a lower price?  IMHO YES!!

I do not have any OBC on the 2025 cruise as I prefer to book my own cruises on the site.  I find I can make adjustments, watch the price for a decrease, make changes myself rather than wait for someone else to do it. If I were to book a cruise on the ship, is that like booking with a travel agent?  OR would I have control over this booking?  Hmmm.....

Depends. If this is a 'regular' cruise not a deeply discounted one then:

> FCD covers deposit + gives you OBC (15-150 depending on how long the cruise is)

> You control booking and can refare / rebook if it drops or perks significantly increase

> you can transfer booking to a travel agent or CVP if you want (actually future cruise agent booked it under my CVP)

No idea if it is a 'deeply discounted' cruise as I've never found one I wanted

Edited by Ombud

Just my 2 cents. If you book with the so called future cruise group on board be ready to get a real Princess CVP to fix up all the mistakes they will make. We spent over 5 hours just to get them to get an original cruise back after they promised us a better rate and then couldn’t deliver

• Like 3
  • Haha 2