Captain's Club Elite benefits question

DonnaK

3 minutes ago, geminitwin said:

Both.  D+ on RCCL using reciprocal Elite benefits.

Bummer you experienced that. No way the norm. Order the breakfast with your coffee and don't eat the breakfast.😉

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

As a Celebrity newbie are you Elite or above? I've never had a problem just ordering a Bloody Mary. No matter the ship or itinerary. 

I'm assuming you sat down at a table and drank it there? The Elite breakfast doesn't  do takeaway beverages. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, geminitwin said:

Wish they would stop calling this "Coffee House Style" -- as an X newbie, I was shamed by the CC Host when I tried to stop in for just coffee.  I was told it's only full breakfast service -- and she was NOT kind about it.  I've never been to a coffee house where you couldn't order just coffee.  It's put me off even wanting to try Elite breakfast on a different ship with a different host.  (Constellation in the Med last summer)  

Were you planning on sitting down and having the coffee at a table? The Elite breakfast never does takeaway beverages of any kind. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm assuming you sat down at a table and drank it there? The Elite breakfast doesn't  do takeaway beverages. 

Why would you even assume I didn't? 🙄 Of course I did and I know the rules for the Elite breakfast. Not my first redeo. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, geminitwin said:

Wish they would stop calling this "Coffee House Style" -- as an X newbie, I was shamed by the CC Host when I tried to stop in for just coffee.  I was told it's only full breakfast service -- and she was NOT kind about it.  I've never been to a coffee house where you couldn't order just coffee.  It's put me off even wanting to try Elite breakfast on a different ship with a different host.  (Constellation in the Med last summer)  

Never heard if that. Lots of people pop in for a coffee  or a bloody Mary. Yes they may check your Elite status but thats it.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 6:28 AM, Alakegirl said:

Who made you feel inferior at the Marini Bar, staff or fellow passengers?  Was anyone actually comparing the size of their glassware to yours?

Not the passengers, the bar staff.

22 hours ago, geminitwin said:

That is pretty surprising. I never eat there and have always been able to just order a couple of lattes.

On one sailing on the Apex, they would even let you get coffee or hot chocolate to go. I’d love to see that become an option that’s always offered.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

On one sailing on the Apex, they would even let you get coffee or hot chocolate to go. I’d love to see that become an option that’s always offered

Very surprised about that. I was on the Apex this past July and asked about that after eating there ( Le Grand Bistro) and they said no, since they don't have takeaway cups there. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Very surprised about that. I was on the Apex this past July and asked about that after eating there ( Le Grand Bistro) and they said no, since they don't have takeaway cups there. 

That was my experience on other cruises on that ship. It was our first cruise after the restart when they walked over to Cafe Al Baccio and got some. I think there was more flexibility in those early cruises when ships were less than half full.

• Thanks 1