Captain's Club Elite benefits question

DonnaK

We will be on Ascent in a few weeks.  We are Elite due to status match from Royal Caribbean.

What can we expect?  For example, on the list of benefits, "Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour" listed.  Where is this held, and what are the hours?  What is served?  Are there complementary beverages involved, like the 4 free coupons per day that we get on RC?

Also "Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)".  Must we make a reservation, or just show up on the chosen day?  Can we stay all day, or is our time limited?  

Any other tips?

Each ship has different venues for these. You will get a card with specifics when you board. The breakfast is usually in Tuscan Grill and there is a limited menu. The cocktail hour has changed post Covid and there are only "group events" on certain days. You can get your drinks at most bars during those hours, but the menu is limited. There are a number of threads with more specific details, like the drink menu, which you might do a search on as they have very detailed information over several posts.

For the Persian Gardens, you can just show up and use the facilities. You can stay as long as you wish.

50 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

We will be on Ascent in a few weeks.  We are Elite due to status match from Royal Caribbean.

What can we expect?  For example, on the list of benefits, "Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour" listed.  Where is this held, and what are the hours?  What is served?  Are there complementary beverages involved, like the 4 free coupons per day that we get on RC?

6F12DF1D-B092-4060-90BC-1E5739350700.jpeg

CB6B46A1-D04E-4A8F-BCCC-35C5BFB8FFBD.jpeg

• Like 1

The cocktail hour is 5-7 pm except for embarkation day when there is no cocktail hour.  Unlimited number of drinks  from the Captains Club menu of drinks, wine, soda and bottled water.  CC drinks are not available in the restaurants or dining rooms.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The cocktail hour is 5-7 pm except for embarkation day when there is no cocktail hour.  Unlimited number of drinks  from the Captains Club menu of drinks, wine, soda and bottled water.  CC drinks are not available in the restaurants or dining rooms.  

04675C60-8147-4EAA-ADCB-053EA0F39DA3.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

6F12DF1D-B092-4060-90BC-1E5739350700.jpeg

CB6B46A1-D04E-4A8F-BCCC-35C5BFB8FFBD.jpeg

this is our favourite way to start the day. Ailing from US ports the meals are pre plated, from most others served buffet style. The plated versions are only suggestions you can have the plates made to order. For example I have 2 plates one with 4 plain croissants and another with  mixed fruits. Add 2 fruit smoothies and a Latte and I am good for the morning

Edited by the penguins
sent before message was finished
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DonnaK said:

Also "Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)".  Must we make a reservation, or just show up on the chosen day?  Can we stay all day, or is our time limited?  

Any other tips?

You will get a paper in your room which indicates what and when for the special events for Elite.  It is usually comprehensive.

One thing we get as elite is invitations to a sailaway with the captain on the helipad, with "champagne." You must wear closed-toed shoes for this (so on one cruise I couldn't go).

Another benny is a separate disembarkation lounge, typically Tuscan Grille (same place as the elite morning coffee lounge). It was perfect last time as it was far closer to the gangway than the other gathering areas.

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:16 PM, DonnaK said:

OP here!  Thanks for all this helpful info!  😍

two other useful benefits:

Internet 90 minutes premium each (not 24 hour blocks as on Royal). Create messages off line, log on and send read replies offline and the minutes go a long way. Use one account at a time then when the first 90 has gone decide if the other 90 will see you through if not use it as a discount on a basic package for the rest of the cruise.

Laundry: 1 bag per person -'wash and fold . However write on the slip "Please return on hangers, thankyou" and it usually comes back as good as pressed. Don't forget the please and thank you as they don't have to do it but it has never failed for us.

• Like 2

On the Ascent the Captain's Club Coffee Lounge/Private Continental Breakfast is held in Le Grande Bistro Restaurant every morning from 8-10.

On 1/25/2024 at 4:14 PM, sofietucker said:

One thing we get as elite is invitations to a sailaway with the captain on the helipad, with "champagne." You must wear closed-toed shoes for this (so on one cruise I couldn't go).

On the 1/14 sailing of the Ascent there was no invitation for sailaway with the captain.That could be due to weather, which frequently cancels this event. 

HEre's a list of the CC Elite and Above events on the 1/14/24 sailing on the Ascent.

PXL_20240120_035344090~2 (1).jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 8:14 PM, the penguins said:

Ailing from US ports the meals are pre plated, from most others served buffet style.

Iv’e had plated versions at least the last 4 times we have sailed from Southampton, in fact I can’t ever remember having buffet. We are now Elite plus, so I have plenty of experience.

Not sure why the attached pictures is upside down, but this is the Ultimate platter which my husband & I share.

IMG_0790.thumb.jpeg.1b4771d3635a34181acbb030c12cc65a.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

There also is priority tendering available at ports that require a tender to shore.  Talk with your Captains Club concierge onboard prior to that port day.  It gives you the opportunity to get off the ship as quickly as those who have an excursion booked with Celebrity.  We use it often and it is fantastic.

29 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Iv’e had plated versions at least the last 4 times we have sailed from Southampton, in fact I can’t ever remember having buffet. We are now Elite plus, so I have plenty of experience.

Not sure why the attached pictures is upside down, but this is the Ultimate platter which my husband & I share.

IMG_0790.thumb.jpeg.1b4771d3635a34181acbb030c12cc65a.jpeg

Pre covid Silhouette was always buffet from the UK. Our last 4 cruises on Slhouette were preplated but to our specification  basically buffet without us having to do the work.

Reflection from Barcelona in October was buffet.

Out of the US always preplated as the venue can't meet the US requirements that the flooring in a buffet service area must be tiled (not carpeted).

3 hours ago, Cooper122 said:

I’m elite plus status.  My cabin mate is not.  I’m wondering how this will play out.  Will she be able to join me in happy hours? 

Since Elite Happy Hour is available in most bars on the ship she can be with you at those bars. Obviously she wont get free drinks but you can. That's the beauty of allowing Elite HH to be available at many bars as opposed to just one private lounge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Since Elite Happy Hour is available in most bars on the ship she can be with you at those bars. Obviously she wont get free drinks but you can. That's the beauty of allowing Elite HH to be available at many bars as opposed to just one private lounge.

I am also Elite due to having Diamond status on Royal Caribbean and will be sailing with a friend who does not have status. I know that I can share my included drinks with her on Royal, but how would this work on Celebrity? Neither of us is a big drinker. 

2 minutes ago, gerif said:

I am also Elite due to having Diamond status on Royal Caribbean and will be sailing with a friend who does not have status. I know that I can share my included drinks with her on Royal, but how would this work on Celebrity? Neither of us is a big drinker. 

No 

3 minutes ago, gerif said:

No sharing. With RC you have your vouchers with limited drinks. With Celebrity the drinks are unlimited during the HH. 

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

No sharing. With RC you have your vouchers with limited drinks. With Celebrity the drinks are unlimited during the HH. 

X HH is 2 hours from 5-7pm. I assume you can drink 4 within 2 hours or maybe more! LOL

28 minutes ago, gerif said:

Sharing is not allowed