Laundry for Gold members

Having recently attained Gold status am I correct in believing that my wife and I can now both claim a complimentary bag of laundry? That being two bags a week? If so, do we have to wait seven days before submitting the first bag?

7 hours ago, where-to-next said:

Having recently attained Gold status am I correct in believing that my wife and I can now both claim a complimentary bag of laundry? That being two bags a week? If so, do we have to wait seven days before submitting the first bag?

You can claim a bag a week each but you will lose out on another perk if you do that. We have always managed with the one bag a week. Carefully rolling and folding means you can get 30ish items in!

The Gold benefit is one bag of laundry per 7 days, so you could send a bag on the first day of the cruise if you wanted. Then you'd have to wait until the 8th day to be able to get another free bag. If you and your wife each select the laundry bag as one of your two benefits, then you each get one bag per 7 days.

27 days gets you four weeks of benefits, at least that's what we've had.  How much of a benefit you need depends on where you are going..  If you're in a hot, sweaty climate, you may need two bags a week.  My husband and I have both taken the laundry benefit in this situation.  

They are nice enough to round up your allotment of bags, so that if your cruise is 4.5 weeks, you'll get 5 bags during your voyage.  (Not sure if your cruise is 4 weeks plus 1 day, if they will still round up, but probably.)

Also, no need to wait 7 days before submitting another bag.  You can submit any or all your laundry bags at any time (but not on the last couple of days, obviously).

The above information is from a few years ago, before I became eligible for unlimited laundry, but I doubt it has changed.