Navigator help - accessing app and sharing booking?

daisy-mae

I apologize if this has been covered before. The Navigator app (latest version just downloaded) does not recognize the mariner number, email address or password that I use to access my online account. Is there a separate registration for Navigator, with a different password? I am afraid of making any changes as I don't want to lose my online access.

Second question. My spouse would like to download and access our joint booking on his own Navigator account. Once I am able to access the app (at this point I am not holding my breath) will he use my log-in credentials or does he register his own? In other words, can two people on the same booking have separate Navigator accounts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by daisy-mae
punctuation

I use the same registration info for both online and navigator app.  My sister and I shared a booking number but have separate accounts.  We could both access the booking through our own separate accounts.  

I don't know what to tell you to solve your problem. 

the navigator app was designed as a hub while using it onboard, so it can be a little wonky when using offshore especially way in advance of a sailing.  depending on your device, it may be helpful to delete what is currently installed and re-upload a new version. each passenger has his/her own mariner number, so one can log in separately and still have access to the same booking. my husband and i have our own logins based on our assigned mariner numbers. 

• Like 1

As the others said, you would both use your individual log ins and it will be the same as the online log in. You will each see the booking. Logging in with your own credentials allows you each to see your own Mariner profile. If one of you logs in with the other persons credentials, that's whose profile they will see.

If you can't log in after reinstalling the app, you should call HAL for help.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

the navigator app was designed as a hub while using it onboard, so it can be a little wonky when using offshore especially way in advance of a sailing.  

That may be the case. However, the Navigator app is apparently also used to download boarding passes, which would be done on land, before boarding. I have deleted the old app and downloaded the new one, so I guess that is not an issue. I always print hard copies of all my info so will continue to do so. It's unfortunate, though, that something that was supposed to make things easier only serves to confuse...(at least in my case).

6 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

That may be the case. However, the Navigator app is apparently also used to download boarding passes, which would be done on land, before boarding. I have deleted the old app and downloaded the new one, so I guess that is not an issue. I always print hard copies of all my info so will continue to do so. It's unfortunate, though, that something that was supposed to make things easier only serves to confuse...(at least in my case).

Once you get logged in, you are correct that you will be able to get your boarding passes. And you both will not have to log in - there will be a little circle at the bottom of the boarding pass for each person on the booking - just scroll to see each one.

• Like 1

boarding passes are loaded in 'my wallet' on the navigator app but they won't appear until you're days away from sailing. you can always take a screenshot and store on your phone. not sure how much easier you expect things to be.

9 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

If both accounts are logged on, the navigator will have both boarding passes ( a few days before boarding) as well as any paid shore excursion tickets on each of your phones (after boarding)

Edited by pmjnh