Speciality dining refund

welshgirl71

We booked 2 nights for 4 people in the crown grill on the Emerald a year ago. After the first night we decided not to return for the second. Since we booked it prior to the cruise my credit card was charged immediately. When I asked about the refund I was told a check would be mailed to me after the cruise. When I suggested a credit card refund (it was on the same card I was using on the ship) I was refused. The same for my suggestion of OBC. I received a check about 2 months after our return. You have to watch for the check because it kind of looked like junk mail. 

• Thanks 1

If you are still prior to the cruise, you *should* get it back within just a few days.  (At least that has been my experience.)

Oh...welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

32 minutes ago, Seaspartan said:

I received a check about 2 months after our return. You have to watch for the check

You were lucky you were sent a cheque.

In 2017, when we sailed on Crown Princess, we missed Genoa, because the Pope was visiting.

We had an excursion booked. It entailed  a bus trip from  Genoa to Santa Margarita and then a ferry to Portofino. There was no bus transfer.

I asked for a refund for the bus transfer and was told we would be sent a cheque in 6 weeks. When 6 weeks came there was no cheque, so I contacted Princess’Head Office in Southampton. I was told’ oh, that is if you live in U.S.’

if you live in UK you have to apply for it. 
I think eventually it took about 12 weeks to see the refund of my money.

If we had been sailing on CelebrityCruises, the refund would have been refunded to our credit card as soon as part of the excursion was cancelled. 

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you are still prior to the cruise, you *should* get it back within just a few days.  (At least that has been my experience.)

Oh...welcome to Cruise Critic!

Thanks yes I booked prior to the cruise

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a lurker for a while 🙂

1 hour ago, Seaspartan said:

We booked 2 nights for 4 people in the crown grill on the Emerald a year ago. After the first night we decided not to return for the second. Since we booked it prior to the cruise my credit card was charged immediately. When I asked about the refund I was told a check would be mailed to me after the cruise. When I suggested a credit card refund (it was on the same card I was using on the ship) I was refused. The same for my suggestion of OBC. I received a check about 2 months after our return. You have to watch for the check because it kind of looked like junk mail. 

Thank you we booked prior to the cruise and are going next month