Curacao - Digital Immigration Card

zen56135

I am travelling on Britannia in late February for a 14 day Caribbean cruise. The ship is due to dock at Curacao and I have noted that all visitors to the country need to complete a digital immigration card before arrival.

Does anyone know, if cruise passengers also need to complete this card before arrival.

As usual, P&O customer services are completely clueless and could not provide any advice as to whether I needed to fill in the form 😒

Edited by zen56135

We have just got off the latest Britannia cruise and we did not complete anything before entering Curacao.

Just a tip take a phot of your passport page for your phone as ome ports require photo id on shore so ot saves have to take passport etc,

Same here no immigration etc for Curaçao at all just Barbados before we sailed and immigration the day we arrived back there. Good tip re the passport photo. There was one port that demanded to see the photo ID before we got through to the main port. Can't remember which one now ... think it was St Kitts.

Edited by Presto2

Just now, Presto2 said:

Same here no immigration etc for Curaçao at all just Barbados before we sailed and immigration the day we arrived back there. Good tip re the passport photo. There was one port that demanded to see the photo ID before we got through to the main port. Can't remember which one now ... think it was St Kitts.

I have a photo of our passports, but have read over the past week whilst we’ve been visiting ports that some places insist on original documentation and will not accept a photo or copy. That being said, we’ve been told to take government photo ID ashore in at least half a dozen ports so far and it has never once been asked for! I also wonder what they would actually do if you didn’t have anything with you!

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I have a photo of our passports, but have read over the past week whilst we’ve been visiting ports that some places insist on original documentation and will not accept a photo or copy. That being said, we’ve been told to take government photo ID ashore in at least half a dozen ports so far and it has never once been asked for! I also wonder what they would actually do if you didn’t have anything with you!

We had the same info .. no passport needed but govt recognised photo ID was. Someone was ok with a photo of their passports. We had taken our passports.its as clear as mud and PO would help if they clarified things. Who wants to carry their passport or driving licence with all day or go on a swimming excursion knowing you will leave stuff on the beach. Next time we may take photo copies as well as a copy on your phone. If they want the genuine thing .. eerrrr ... time to 🙏 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:49 AM, zen56135 said:

I am travelling on Britannia in late February for a 14 day Caribbean cruise. The ship is due to dock at Curacao and I have noted that all visitors to the country need to complete a digital immigration card before arrival.

Does anyone know, if cruise passengers also need to complete this card before arrival.

As usual, P&O customer services are completely clueless and could not provide any advice as to whether I needed to fill in the form 😒

Sorry. Visited Curacao a few days ago on Aurora and forgot to report back. No form filling whatsoever. Just a normal port. 

Incidentally, Curacao has been one of our favourite ports so far. It’s a fabulous place and I’m sure that you will thoroughly enjoy your visit.