Across from Splash Academy on Breakaway.

I'm not sure - but the other issue is whether the noise would actually bother you, which might be affected by the current kids club hours.  Currently, the NCL website states that the operational hours will be posted on the ship.  Checking the dailies of recent Breakaway sailings would give you the best idea of what hours it is currently operational, but if the cruise is far in the future that might be hard to predict since NCL may go back to having set kids club hours in the future.  Historically, the kids club has been open from 9-12, 2-5 and 7-11 pm and then there's late night care until 1:30 am (but I don't know if the kids club is currently open for late night care)

I don't know if that cabin specifically is in the pathway people would use to reach the entrance of the kids club.  If so, it is likely you will hear people talking in the hallway, especially at opening and closing times.  Parents also sometimes line up outside the kids club right before it opens and wait there (and unfortunately on holiday cruises/cruises where the kids club is at capacity and turning away kids parents will line up quite a bit earlier than they open to ensure they get a spot), so depending on where the entrance is there might be people congregating outside of the entrance.  On the Getaway the line to drop off was through the arcade, and on the Star it was in a hallway which would reduce the amount of noise/traffic.  On my last Cunard cruise, the entrance was off a cabin hallway, so kids would see each other on the way to the kids club and run up to each other and greet each other happily, which wasn't screaming but the level of noise they were making  I certainly could understand could be frustrating for the passengers who were in the cabins near the kids club and heard it all the time.  Cunard had people sign up for the kids club hours online, so thankfully there was no one standing in line 3 times a day in the hallways waiting for it to open, since that would be really disturbing for the nearby cabins, but its possible NCL is aware of that issue and has designed the entrances on all of the kids club to minimize disturbances to passenger cabins (it did on the two ships I'v sailed). 

Edited by kitkat343

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2024 at 12:59 PM, mjkacmom said:

We were next to the elevators closest to splash academy on the breakaway, no noticeable noise, very convenient location.  

@mjkacmom do you recall where the entrance to splash academy was? Or mind sharing what room number you had? Looking at booking a room on deck 12 and trying to figure out the best option with splash academy being right there. Thanks in advance! 

4 hours ago, tartist said:

@mjkacmom do you recall where the entrance to splash academy was? Or mind sharing what room number you had? Looking at booking a room on deck 12 and trying to figure out the best option with splash academy being right there. Thanks in advance! 

We once had the cabin directly off the elevator bank entrance (the one where if you opened the door you saw right into the elevator area with no buffer) at splash academy.  Unless the eager screams of dozens of children waiting to go to camp, leaving camp with counselors and leaving with family, throughout the day is something that sparks joy for you on vacation do not book a cabin in that area.

17 hours ago, tartist said:

It was probably 2 or 3 off the hallway from the kids club, not an issue. There were tons of kids onboard since it coincided with a local school holiday. I haas 2 who utilized the teen club, and 3 who would’ve been in the 10 - 12 group but they didn’t like it (none of my kids every liked any tween club).

We have, mistakenly, booked rooms near the kids club. While there was not “noise” from the club, there were always kids running up and down the halls. The pounding of kids running in the halls is an annoyance to us. 

• Haha 2

The entrance to Splash Academy is on 12.  No entrance on 13, but the first couple nights they had a table up there to register kids.  We were on a Spring Break cruise last week and the line to get in for the evening session either stretched down the hallway on 12 or up the stairs to 13.  I doubt it is as crowded at other times, but it may be something to be aware of.  My family was more forward on 13 and didn't have any issues with noise, but I'm not sure how it would be right next to the club.  I didn't feel like there was ever too much noise coming from the club other than during check-in for the evening rush.