Emerald Princess Saunas and Steam Rooms.

Teechur

Can anyone tell me if the saunas and steam rooms on the Emerald are additional cost items?

When we sailed around South America on the Crown Princess in 2017, they were free.

Given the direction Princess is moving, I would not be surprised to learn that there is an upcharge.

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

This info is outdated. There is no more free sauna or steam on the Emerald. 

Was that removed in the last dry dock? Shame. Looks like the OP's instincts are on the mark.

My next grand class type ship will be Diamond again in Sept. Wonder if they'll still be there....

2 hours ago, Lanwood said:

Was that removed in the last dry dock?

Post covid, sauna and steam were gone on the Emerald.

Shame.

Absolutely. Notably the new paid sauna and steam (Thermal Spa on deck 15) is lousy.

My next grand class type ship will be Diamond again in Sept. Wonder if they'll still be there....

The Diamond still has free sauna and steam. But who knows what happens right now at her Singapore drydock... 

1 hour ago, sauna director said:

They are using the original deck plans. FALSE ADVERTISING!

I agree.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 2

I booked the Thermal on Emerald because I always use the sauna after a work out but I have heard so many negatives, I am thinking it’s not worth the $$. I hate that as I like to relax in a sauna and relax on the warm chairs. It has always been a great way to get away from the crowd on other cruises. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Teechur said:

Can anyone tell me if the saunas and steam rooms on the Emerald are additional cost items?

When we sailed around South America on the Crown Princess in 2017, they were free.

Given the direction Princess is moving, I would not be surprised to learn that there is an upcharge.

The steam and saunas were removed with the last Emerald dry dock, sister ship Ruby had theirs also removed with her last dry dock a few months ago.

9 hours ago, tulok said:

I booked the Thermal on Emerald because I always use the sauna after a work out but I have heard so many negatives, I am thinking it’s not worth the $$. I hate that as I like to relax in a sauna and relax on the warm chairs. It has always been a great way to get away from the crowd on other cruises. 

Warm stone loungers still good. My favorite. No view in there but calm and relaxing. Go look onboard to see about steam. Then decide if worth it.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 12:08 PM, Lanwood said:

Was that removed in the last dry dock? Shame. Looks like the OP's instincts are on the mark.

They were in September last year. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are no upcharge steam/sauna still available on the Grand?? Deck plans show them in a different location than other grand class ships. 
fwiw they were available on Sapphire fall/winter of 22’.