Jump to content

Richard’s rooftop happy hour changes


herdfans4
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is very cool.  I wonder how they'll "monitor" this.  The cruise I was on there was a group we ended up hanging out with most nights that would stockpile glasses of Moet so they could keep the party going past 6.

 

The spirits seem like mostly the same things they stock the room bar with, but the cocktails and wine will be a nice addition to the Moet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tralfaz1138 said:

This is very cool.  I wonder how they'll "monitor" this.  The cruise I was on there was a group we ended up hanging out with most nights that would stockpile glasses of Moet so they could keep the party going past 6.

 

The spirits seem like mostly the same things they stock the room bar with, but the cocktails and wine will be a nice addition to the Moet.

Probably the same way they do the Moet--not at all.  The bar will likely quit serving at 6, but whatever you have on your table before that is yours....even if it is several "extras."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tralfaz1138 said:

I wonder how they'll "monitor" this.

 

With a big bar tab, and a ton of loot on our sailing this Fall as Rock Stars, I don't foresee us hoarding a bunch of drinks before they cut us off, otherwise we'd never be able to walk to dinner. 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, herdfans4 said:

Just saw this on another website. This makes enjoying RR even nicer during happy hour. Love the new addition to free offerings.

IMG_8784.jpeg


Does anyone know which ship this is on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2024 at 2:32 PM, Tralfaz1138 said:

The cruise I was on there was a group we ended up hanging out with most nights that would stockpile glasses of Moet so they could keep the party going past 6.

this happens on every voyage i've been on.  the crew always swings by at like 5:59 for "last call" to top you off, and they'll frequently offer additional glasses if they still have a bottle open that they need to kick.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

this happens on every voyage i've been on.  the crew always swings by at like 5:59 for "last call" to top you off, and they'll frequently offer additional glasses if they still have a bottle open that they need to kick.

Yeah.  They definitely didn't bat an eye at the stockpiling, and when I would walk up they would just ask how many so I would bring a couple handfuls back for the group.  I guess, really, the other options on that menu are probably not much more expensive than a glass of Moet as far as what they charge for the drinks on board so the cost wouldn't be much different regardless of what you're stockpiling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what you pay for a suite, especially since the price increase, a few extra glasses of these items is essentially nothing.  If they really cared, they would quit handing out black bracelets to people who call themselves "influencers" but put up 2 or 3 poor quality YouTubes about VV.  There are people who do good videos, but there are some who appear with their complimentary black bracelet and are awful.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, cantgetin said:

For what you pay for a suite, especially since the price increase, a few extra glasses of these items is essentially nothing.  If they really cared, they would quit handing out black bracelets to people who call themselves "influencers" but put up 2 or 3 poor quality YouTubes about VV.  There are people who do good videos, but there are some who appear with their complimentary black bracelet and are awful.

Absolutely.  the number of videos I have seen on Tik tok recently with people reviewing their sea terrace suite one minute and up on Richard's rooftop the next initially confused me.  Then I realized this was going on.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...