Live from Odyssey to Harmony Feb 10-25, 2024 🚢🥳🍾🌊🏝️🐚☀️

Well I managed to do it again and this time Dupable was no where in sight. I guess I’ve never really taken a shuttle. We have done them from airport parking lots but that is about it. I had booked a 9 am shuttle from the cruise port. I assumed at the worst we would be at the airport by 10:30. I didn’t expect them to show up at 9 am and make us walk to the other side of a mobbed cruiseport to get on a 55 passenger bus. I also didn’t realize that we would be stopping at Hobby. I only realized this when they were pulling into Hobby at 10:30. It was at this point that I made the call to Dupable that I didn’t expect us to make our flight.

We ended up getting off the bus at Bush @ 11:20. This was 20 minutes before our flight was scheduled to start boarding and our flight was on time. We did get lucky that they dropped us right in terminal c which is where united is. We ran inside with our bags. Wolf grabbed the two big ones probably about 45 lbs each and ran up two flights of stairs. Did I mention that boy can move? We got to the area to print our tags and luckily they had available kiosk. We hit a snag here when one of our luggage tags came out blank. We then had to wait for assistance in printing the last tag. While we were working on that a party of ten ended up in front of us. Again lucky, another agent opened a window. We were able to quickly hand over our bags and head to security. It is now 11:35 when we get in the security line. I would say it was about 150 people deep. I get a text at 11:40 that boarding has begun.

IMG_1489.jpeg

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

It is now 11:35 when we get in the security line. I would say it was about 150 people deep. I get a text at 11:40 that boarding has begun.

IMG_1489.jpeg

So what happened!!!!!!!!!!  We’ve got to know!

Hope you made your flight! The thing that makes me think you might have gotten there on time is that you’re not still posting here which I’m hoping means that you’re on your flight. 

Please let us know that you’re safely home. 

At this point I’m actually feeling confident. I decide to call Dupable and let know her know I think we are going to make the flight. The lady in line in front of me hears my conversation. Her eyes went wide and she shook her head like no way you are making it. We got through security at about noon. Our plane has been boarding for about 20 minutes at this point. I was starving and knew I wouldn’t be able to get food once on the plane. We stopped at a self checkout place so I could get a sandwich and Wolf could grab a snack. We walked up to the gate just as they started boarding our group. I even had time to run to the restroom. Wolf declared my planning terrible and swore he was never traveling with me again. This is a statement usually saved for just Dupable and is the first time I’ve been honored. 

We made our flight and it took off on time. Things got worse for Wolf though. Remember we had the bag tag issue. That tag was the one that went on Wolf’s bag. We get to baggage claim and my bags immediately come out. Wolf’s bag never makes an appearance. I finally get my phone out and open the app to find out where his bag is. Turns out the bag didn’t want to travel with me either. It was on a different flight. This is all happening while Dupable is calling my phone every 30 seconds. We got the delivery set up and finally got out of there. 

We are now home and the trip is officially over. Wolf is already back at work this morning. I’m spending my day with the dogs. Wolf had similar feedback regarding the second ship. He declared the food was horrible on Harmony. I honestly didn’t notice a difference. I doubt that him being sick the second half of that cruise helped his taste buds. Wolf also complained about the volume of people in the ports. It was a bit much in my opinion. It was just wall to wall people. You couldn’t even walk without being bumped into.

I thought the trivia events weren’t good on this ship. They had them in strange places like Boleros and the promenade. Boleros didn’t have the speaker system for it. The Promenade is just an uncomfortable location for this. We gave up going to them by day 3.

The pool deck was just pure loungers. I think that was 99% of the seating was shoved together pool loungers. The rest of the seating was hard and uncomfortable. We also had trouble with our room ac on Harmony. I think it only worked one day. This was a real problem when we were in Costa Maya and Cozumel. I also didn’t think Harmony was as clean as Odyssey.

Odyssey won the award this trip by a landslide! I did enjoy all the weather on this trip except Galveston. 

IMG_1491.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

So (haha) Mr. IT and I decided to book a cruise last night. This morning we booked Allure of the Seas out of Orlando in two weeks! I asked Mr. IT if we was down for a little fun and he is in agreement. Be sure to look for a live post starting shortly. I will link here. You won’t be waiting long. Not 12 hours after booking and Mr. IT doesn’t know where any of his travel documentation is. He is currently tearing our home apart looking. 

IMG_1503.jpeg

• Like 4