Live from Odyssey to Harmony Feb 10-25, 2024 🚢🥳🍾🌊🏝️🐚☀️

As far as ship activities go you will find Dupable, Wolf, and Good Sport in the Schooner bar or Music Hall playing cards. Uno is Wolf’s game of choice. We will probably all make it to about 80% of the trivia events. Dupable and Good Sport might take in a few shows. I frequently joke that the ship isn’t really necessary. A local hotel with a nice bar and restaurant would be like the same vacation just a lot cheaper. 🤣

I think on our last cruise we ended up at the pool once. We were at Labadee and it was hot. When we got back on the ship we went to the pool to cool off. Good Sport wanted to sit in a jacuzzi. I try to psych myself up to get in the water but can’t bring myself to do it anymore. I see all those people crammed in and it just grosses me out. 🤢

I’ve settled for just cooling off in the showers. 

IMG_1202.jpeg

IMG_1201.jpeg

• Haha 3

I’ve been up since 2 am. I have about 1/2 hour until I would have to get up at this point. I guess no more zzzs for me today. Another day as a walking zombie.

IMG_1204.jpeg

IMG_1203.jpeg

Edited by Denversail

Dupable and Good Sport stopped by last night to pick up their shirts. They were walking in as I headed to bed. It appears they grabbed the shirts but didn’t want to deprive me of the trash.

IMG_1208.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was just reading a thread about Coco Cay weather. Sounds like folks got kicked off the island early yesterday. Our forecast is still showing sunny skies. We will be there on Monday. A lot more wind than I would like. That is more than your typical island breeze.image.png.bdc99cbeca4d785875b469cb5522599b.png

• Like 1

Mr. IT is a HUGE football fan. When the Bronco's lost the super bowl a few years ago he called out sick and stayed in bed the next day. I'm pretty sure I can recite some episodes of A Football Life from memory. When he came home last night he was all caught up on this blog. What did he immediately confront me about? The KC gear. 

He was deeply offended that I was buying Chief's gear. I reminded him that I only bought it for Dupable and Good Sport. His eyes narrowed, but you thought about getting some for yourself. 😏

I think I'd be more easily forgiven if I cheated on him instead of the Bronco's. Go Chiefs!! 🤣🤣Happy Sunday everyone. Football! Hell yeah! Nfl Jokes, Funny Football ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Denversail said:

As far as ship activities go you will find Dupable, Wolf, and Good Sport in the Schooner bar or Music Hall playing cards. Uno is Wolf’s game of choice.

We just got a version of Uno called No Mercy, might be worth looking at to change it up a bit.

• Like 1

Chinese for lunch today. Food came out hot and yummy. I regretted coming here immediately after being seated. I remembered this server from my last visit. He creeps me out. All the hairs everywhere just stand at attention. He triggers my flight response. Won’t be coming back here for a while. 

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1212.jpeg

Dupable called while I was at lunch. She isn’t sure she should even bother to pack. The trip is for sure ruined. That storm is now supposed to roll in on Friday. Do I not realize how many flights got cancelled last weekend? This storm is going to be just like that one. She then starts going on and on about what our insurance will cover. This is all happening while Wolf is in the background telling her he agrees and isn’t going to bother to pack either. 🙄

IMG_1214.jpeg

• Haha 4

YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN. YOU’RE BEING TOO LOUD

I try to help Dupable sort through misinformation when I can. When I got back to the office I looked up what really happened last weekend. We will be flying out of DIA on Southwest. They cancelled 8 flights on Saturday and another 7 on Sunday. 😮‍💨 They delayed hundreds of flights. I had to explain the difference between cancelled and delayed. We are leaving a day early so we have time for delays. 

I think we are now back on track and Dupable is going to proceed with her packing. Crisis averted. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Wolf’s dog inhaled some steak as soon as I got home. That was the last of the steak. Wolf decided to switch himself to late shifts all this week. I think he did it so I would be the one stuck getting her to eat. I guess we will see how she feels about Chinese food in a little bit. 

IMG_4132.jpeg

• Like 1

Dupable phoned me this evening. She wanted to catch up on a variety of topics. About midway through the conversation while we were continuing negotiations for a name change she seems to connect a few dots. She abruptly asks me if I have mentioned any of our weather conversations on this live. She was suddenly a little panicked. I assured her that I hadn’t mentioned it. I wouldn’t do something like that. Please give me a little credit. 😉

IMG_1242.jpeg

• Haha 7

So 🤣 like Mr. IT informed me, readers are invested in the dogs, they don’t give a s#%t about the cruise. Well then let’s talk about my dog. He has some kind of obsessive disorder. I gave him a little steak earlier and then he sat here for an hour waiting for more.

A brief description of him:

We have to plan out new toys because he will freak out about them for a week. We don’t open Amazon packages that have things for him because he started freaking out whenever we got a package. He still thinks most packages are for him. He gets upset and starts yapping at us in dog talk if we don’t share our food quickly enough. He lifts a single paw when he is begging for food. If you let him lick you he will never stop. When you go to feed him he herds you like a sheep. He likes to bring me dead animals. Some of the killers work is below. 

Warning: Graphic Content. This post contains violence against animals. 

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_0948.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is him as a puppy. He hasn’t changed much. We have many nicknames for him but currently it has been pup pup. 

FUN FACT:  I’m pretty sure I know why I became his person. It is because no one and I mean no one but me wanted to be near him his first month. Those puppy teeth are sharp. We had some injuries. It was actually a lot of injuries. Some in places I’m not permitted to speak about. 🤫

• Like 2

Dupable just blew up my phone. I declined twice but she persisted. What was the emergency? I’m risking followers by posting dead animals. Momager much? She said she will be watching the numbers closely. She thinks it’s risky and I should consider a delete. 

IMG_1254.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So 🤣 let’s bring Mr. IT into the mix. He has just caught wind of all the dead animal drama. This is how the conversation basically went:

Mr. IT: I agree. It is a terrible PR move.

Me: Did you notice someone hopped on to the SO band wagon. I’m creating a movement.

Mr. IT; So Becky like OMG Becky said like so

Mr. IT (as he sees the actual picture) JESUS! OMG! Get that photo off of there! I can’t believe you posted that! Well say goodbye to all your readers!

Me: I’m sure it’s fine. I posted a super cute puppy video right after.

Mr. IT: Have you removed the dead bunnies?

IMG_1256.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Denversail said:

So 🤣 let’s bring Mr. IT into the mix. He has just caught wind of all the dead animal drama. This is how the conversation basically went:

Mr. IT: I agree. It is a terrible PR move.

Me: Did you notice someone hopped on to the SO band wagon. I’m creating a movement.

Mr. IT; So Becky like OMG Becky said like so

Mr. IT (as he sees the actual picture) JESUS! OMG! Get that photo off of there! I can’t believe you posted that! Well say goodbye to all your readers!

Me: I’m sure it’s fine. I posted a super cute puppy video right after.

Mr. IT: Have you removed the dead bunnies?

IMG_1256.jpeg

I see far worse than dead bunnies, so I'm good. Also have 3 dogs and a cat. Presents are inevitable.

• Like 2

I want to take a moment and set some necessary boundaries for while we are on the ship. I’ve noticed some of you CC folks treat us reviewers like your personal errand boys. We will have none of that here. There will be no menu posting, daily planners, drink prices, measurements, wine list, guest services inquiries, this live will basically be lacking any useful information. Don’t waste your time asking. I’m on vacation!

IMG_1260.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Denversail said:

I’m currently Diamond with 131 cruise points. This trip will get me to 144 points. I should end the year at 160 points. It is a slow climb. 

We’re right in the same place C&A points as you. It certainly is a slow climb, even with the bonus points we got on some of our post pandemic sailings.

I have to tell you that I had to scroll very quickly past the dead animal “presents”. That was hard to see. We have cats who do not go outdoors because they would be gator 🐊 bait or bobcat bait if they did. The cats do bring us presents, but their presents are cat toys. Much better than dead animals.

I hope that you will be able to brave the weather and get everyone in your travel party safely aboard the ship!

• Like 2

I don’t know about you

But I’m feeling twenty-two

Everything will be alright if

You keep me next to you

You don’t know about me

But I’ll bet you want to

Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we’re

Twenty-two, twenty-two

image.jpeg