Live from Odyssey to Harmony Feb 10-25, 2024 🚢🥳🍾🌊🏝️🐚☀️

I’m now on the plane in the very back sitting next to a teething baby. Luckily Wolf had some extra crackers that he gave me. We sat on the runway for almost 40 minutes before taking off. It is going to be a long 3 hours. If I wasn’t trapped by a teething baby I’d go back there and demand Dupable’s Walmart snacks. She doesn’t need them. She took the time to eat some breakfast this morning.

The captain came on and asked who was heading to Florida for a cruise and most of the plane cheered. 📣📣

• Like 3

We landed about 30 minutes late. We managed to get our luggage and grab a taxi to the hotel with no drama. I don’t know why hotels were so expensive this weekend. We paid $327 per room after all the taxes and fees. 

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4153.jpeg

IMG_4154.jpeg

IMG_4155.jpeg

• Like 1

Omg, feel like I ran a marathon going through all the pages in one sitting.  Glad pups are all good, go 49ers, and you running through the airport took me back running through Heathrow and barely making the plane as they were starting to close the doors.   Safe flight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I was typing and I look up and they’ve led me into some dark alley. I have no idea what is going on. Oh just more bushes. 

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

You should really share what they are doing. I think in their circles they are even kind of “famous”. 

• Like 4

After a nice dinner and walking around for about an hour and a half I was ready to head back to the room. Well when we left the room 3 plus hours ago it was 72 degrees in my room. I turned on the ac and dropped the temp down to 67 degrees. So I expected my room to be cooler when I returned. It was not, it had actually creeped up to 73 degrees. 

This is a no go for me. I can’t sleep in a muggy room that is that temperature. First I try to call the front desk. That didn’t work. So I marched down stairs to let them know that I need my temperature fixed. I’m informed that they are having a problem with the AC. I look down and she has a bunch of room #s with AC written next to them. They are all on my floor. She has assured me it will be fixed in the next hour. So now I’m sitting outside waiting. They have 38 more minutes to fix it. 

We found a nice spot outside to pass the time. 

IMG_1310.jpeg

I walked back into the hotel about an hour later. I immediately knew the AC had been fixed. I’m now resting comfortably in bed. The day had some ups and downs but we still managed to have some fun with it. Can’t wait to board the ship tomorrow!

I got this charger thingy for Xmas from Mr. IT. I never have the wall adapters and am always stealing his when I travel. This thing is pretty nice. 

IMG_1311.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

We would like to know why they are looking in the bushes. 😛

Dupable is going to be thrilled about this. She asked me to mention this days ago. She tried on FB to find other enthusiast on our cruise but no one knew what she was talking about. Who knows? Maybe one is lurking here. 

When they retired they took up geocaching. It is the world’s largest treasure hunt. People hide things and post clues with GPS coordinates. You locate the item and sign a log. You then identify online that you found it. I guess it is a big deal to be the first to find one. They tend to run out of the house at midnight suddenly if a new one is posted. They travel all over doing this and going to events.

If you ever find yourself doing this activity with Dupable please bring your own vehicle. She has been known to drive off and leave Good Sport behind when at risk of being confronted by police or security. She figures no reason for them both to get caught. 🤣🤣

IMG_1312.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, Denversail said:

We landed about 30 minutes late. We managed to get our luggage and grab a taxi to the hotel with no drama. I don’t know why hotels were so expensive this weekend. We paid $327 per room after all the taxes and fees. 

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4153.jpeg

IMG_4154.jpeg

IMG_4155.jpeg

What hotel is this?  Room looks very nice. 

We made it to boarding day. Hooray! I found some free coffee in the hotel lobby. The sun has just come up. It is a little cloudy and breezy. I’m just chilling outside letting Wolf sleep a little longer. 

I got the drink package so this live is about to evolve into a bunch of incoherent statements and illogical content. 🤪

I know the value of a drink package is often discussed on here. Dupable falls in that category of she doesn’t drink enough however she is on the spot cheap. She won’t order drinks if she doesn’t have the package. She will spend $1200 to get them the package but when buying drinks individually she can’t spend the money. Her and Good Sport usually stop drinking around day 3 or 4. I can’t even see them drinking 4 drinks a day each. So I convinced her that this time she should save her money. She can use her diamond vouchers and mine and then just buy as they go for anything on top of that. She says you know I can’t do it. If I don’t have the package I won’t buy any drinks after my vouchers. 

I think about 30 seconds after our cruise planner closed for bookings at the 48 hour mark she called me upset. I had ruined it. She should have just gotten the package. She isn’t going to be able to relax and enjoy herself now. She won’t be able to try any new drinks. The entire trip is ruined.

When I realized I wasn’t going to be able to convince her otherwise I made a deal with her instead. I told her to order any and all the drinks she wants on the ship. At the end of the cruise if her bar bill exceeds $1200 I will reimburse her the difference. This seemed to do the trick. 🙄 

They told me all my cages were mental, so I got wasted like all my potential. 

IMG_1313.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 3

Port Everglades cruise port is a little different. They check your passports when entering in the car. They randomly search cars. They made our Uber driver hand over his phone. We even saw a short car chase. Very exciting.

We showed up at 11 and basically walked right on. They never asked us about our checkin time.

• Like 1