Cruising for first time since 2019

Gabrielle R.

I will be going on Enchanted Princess next year.  We will be taking first time cruisers with us.  (We’re Platinum on Princess). It will be our first cruise on Princess since December 2019.  What is new that was a change since 2019 that you noticed?  Looking forward to sailing on Princess again!

I recall another poster starting a similar thread only the time gap was 10 years and not 4-5, but it is still just too much.  That said, a lot of the changes since 2019 were pandemic-related and that's all done with now and back to normal.

The cruise fare packages and the Princess App are the two biggest changes, short of the new Sun Class ships.  OP needs to dig into Princess.com and see what looks unfamiliar and familiar.

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I recall another poster starting a similar thread only the time gap was 10 years and not 4-5, but it is still just too much.  That said, a lot of the changes since 2019 were pandemic-related and that's all done with now and back to normal.

The cruise fare packages and the Princess App are the two biggest changes, short of the new Sun Class ships.  OP needs to dig into Princess.com and see what looks unfamiliar and familiar.

Thanks.  I had used the app, but I need to get the newer app- not sure if I should talk to princess first or just download the app

the cruise fare packages are a bit confusing. Since being platinum do I get any perks or did I pretty much lose perks? 

I’m open to any suggestions or ideas

The cruise fare packages are described in detail at Princess.com.  Figure out what you would spend on the included items (other than beverages) if you booked Standard Fare and were paying for them separately.  Next, look at the difference between your spend and the package cost.  Compare that to what you expect to pay for beverages and decide if it makes sense to go with package.

Also, if you login to Princess.com and go to the Captain's Circle page, you can read all about the included benefits.  Nothing has really changed for Platinum benefits since pandemic.

There is no need to talk to Princess prior to installing the Princess App.  However, delete any of the old Apps remaining on your devices prior to installing the new.  Those old apps from 2019 era are irrelevant and most likely won't even work.

• Thanks 1

Platinum perks have not changed. Never had much to start with.

”Priority” boarding after in-transit, suite/elite, Club Class/Reserve Class.

Green lane with Medallion (part of beverage package) otherwise blue lane.  Only screening to get into most terminals.

I think Platinum gets upgraded Princess insurance.

PES lounge in the late afternoon.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The cruise fare packages are described in detail at Princess.com.  Figure out what you would spend on the included items (other than beverages) if you booked Standard Fare and were paying for them separately.  Next, look at the difference between your spend and the package cost.  Compare that to what you expect to pay for beverages and decide if it makes sense to go with package.

Also, if you login to Princess.com and go to the Captain's Circle page, you can read all about the included benefits.  Nothing has really changed for Platinum benefits since pandemic.

There is no need to talk to Princess prior to installing the Princess App.  However, delete any of the old Apps remaining on your devices prior to installing the new.  Those old apps from 2019 era are irrelevant and most likely won't even work.

Thanks!  That is what I wanted to know about the app!!

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Platinum perks have not changed. Never had much to start with.

”Priority” boarding after in-transit, suite/elite, Club Class/Reserve Class.

Green lane with Medallion (part of beverage package) otherwise blue lane.  Only screening to get into most terminals.

I think Platinum gets upgraded Princess insurance.

PES lounge in the late afternoon.

With the priority boarding, can we bring our friends with us?  First cruise for them… so we’d stay with them no matter what, but thought I’d ask if anyone knows 

7 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

With the priority boarding, can we bring our friends with us?  First cruise for them… so we’d stay with them no matter what, but thought I’d ask if anyone knows 

Asking nicely has been no problem for years AFAIK.  It's like each of you is a 1+.  If you are not an early arriver for check-in, it won't matter anyway.

• Thanks 1

One thing that has changed for Platinum (as well as for Elite) is the loss of the "free" Internet minutes. You now must either book with the Plus or Premier package or else pay for Internet access. Also Room Service is no longer complimentary unless (again) you book with either the Plus or Premier fare. Likewise Ocean Now delivery (delivery of your orders to wherever you are on the ship) is also dependent on either booking with one of those fare packages or else paying a one-time-per-voyage fee of $14.95. Casual Dining (Alfredo's, Gigi's, and other venues depending on the ship) are also no longer included unless - you guessed it - you book with either Plus or Premier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

One thing that has changed for Platinum (as well as for Elite) is the loss of the "free" Internet minutes. You now must either book with the Plus or Premier package or else pay for Internet access. Also Room Service is no longer complimentary unless (again) you book with either the Plus or Premier fare. Likewise Ocean Now delivery (delivery of your orders to wherever you are on the ship) is also dependent on either booking with one of those fare packages or else paying a one-time-per-voyage fee of $14.95. Casual Dining (Alfredo's, Gigi's, and other venues depending on the ship) are also no longer included unless - you guessed it - you book with either Plus or Premier.

Thanks!!! This helped me out!