How to book a cruise as soon as they are released

I want to book a cruise for 2026, but only a small number are available starting in January 2026.  How do I find out when they will be/have been released, please?  I spoke to a cruise booking agency, and they advised me to check the websites of the companies that interest me each week to see what has been released.

I realise regular/repeat customers get priority before availability is released more generally, but I can't check all the websites of all the cruise companies that interest me each week.

Any tips will be gratefully received.

There are boards here for most of the cruise lines.  Go to the boards for each of the lines that interest you and the regulars there can tell you when cruise schedules are usually released.  Not every season is released at one time.  Also go to the cruise line websites of the lines that interest you and sign up for email/snail mail specials and you might be notified when new things come out.  EM

• Like 1

This may vary by cruise line, but in general as a guide, most cruise itineraries are released seasonally about 18 - 24 months prior to their departure. The information provided by @Essiesmom is a good suggestion to help with this.

The travel agent suggesting you check each cruise line's website that you are interested in periodically is actually a valid way for you to see what is released and when as they all don't necessarily release them at the same time, and there are many cruise lines and thousands of itineraries to choose from.  That may be a lot to ask a TA to watch for!

A TA can assist and will do that as well, but it would be more helpful for them to know what cruise lines you are primarily interested in - as the many in the industry differ from each other in primary demographics on board, standard v premium service and price, itineraries offered, size of ships, etc., etc.

Talk with an agent (human, not on line) and let them know your budget, cruising style (adults v families with children etc.), targeted timeline, etc., and let them help you narrow down your preferences and they can then watch for releases with those few cruise lines that would fit you the best.  If you know that already, share that with them and I'm sure they can better advise you as to when new itineraries will be released with them, and will be glad to assist in your watch.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

10 hours ago, Terry Bill said:

I want to book a cruise for 2026, but only a small number are available starting in January 2026.  How do I find out when they will be/have been released, please?  I spoke to a cruise booking agency, and they advised me to check the websites of the companies that interest me each week to see what has been released.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

An actual travel agent specializing in cruises, would have their ear to the ground for announcements of bulk releases (by calendar or region) of at least the bigger cruiselines. So your idea that you need to try additional agents seems spot on.

If you can't "check all the cruise lines that interest" you, you probably need to narrow the field. Either by where the lines cruise or by the culture of the lines... You might get a feel for the latter right here on CC -- each cruiseline has a 'board' or forum. Pop in to any you might be considering and read a few pages. Read some "Live from" threads, and also the answers to questions that seem pertinent to you.

If you can narrow it down, you can keep checking the boards here. This may or may not be less time-consuming than checking the lines' websites!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the helpful answers - I have signed up for emails from;

Cunard

Silversea

Seabourn

Regent Seven Seas

Let's see what they send to me - Silversea has departures for the first half of 2026, the others just the first one to three months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terry Bill said:

Thanks to all for the helpful answers - I have signed up for emails from;

Cunard

Silversea

Seabourn

Regent Seven Seas

Let's see what they send to me - Silversea has departures for the first half of 2026, the others just the first one to three months.

To follow up on my previous response, I would also now look to find a "brick and mortar" travel agent - aka a live human - who focuses on cruises and talk with them about your preferred cruise lines and let them review your general itinerary preferences and cruise expectations. They can best assist with narrowing down to the best alternatives.

I'm sure, given this narrowed list, they would probably have a good sense of when new itinerary releases would likely be announced with each and would be more than happy to put a tickler in their system for each one to look for itineraries within your targeted timeframe to assist with your search.  They can then work on finding the best fares for and on board benefits for select sailings and assist you with your booking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1