Harvest Caye

tedyb

One thing to remember about Harvest Caye is that it is a collaboration between NCL and the government of Belize. As such, your key card will not work to purchase food and drinks.  The employees on Harvest are hired by the hospitality company and are not employees of NCL.

3 hours ago, tedyb said:

Tell me what to expect at Harvest Caye.

one thing that people often forget - or sometimes don't realize - is that harvest "caye" is pronounced "key."

"harvest key."

• Like 1

Your ship docks at Harvest Caye and there is a covered walkway to the island.   No need to wait for Tenders.   We enjoy the walk but there is a golf cart vehicle for those that would have trouble walking that far.  Large beautiful pool and beach.   Don't miss the butterfly exhibit😎 

• Like 3

Our first time there we did an eco tour and saw monkeys. Second time there we called it a simple pool day and just hung out in the sun for a while before going back on the ship where the food and drinks were free.

Thanks for the comments. I just yesterday learned from my Bride that this is where we are going next week. All along I thought we were going to Great Stirrup Cay. Then I learn we have to pay here. Just curious about some of the expenses I should expect.

And no tenders, yes!

Never mind! I didnt see that you are going next week!

Book any excursion ( especially snorkel) way ahead of time. They sell out quickly.

Edited by DrUrsula
incomplete info

1 hour ago, tedyb said:

Thanks for the comments. I just yesterday learned from my Bride that this is where we are going next week. All along I thought we were going to Great Stirrup Cay. Then I learn we have to pay here. Just curious about some of the expenses I should expect.

And no tenders, yes!

We were just there last week. Yes you pay for food and drink but it’s a nice and well kept island. 
 We stayed in a villa but I attached the menu from the bar that is next door. Selections will vary by restaurant. 

IMG_6252.jpeg

IMG_6253.jpeg

IMG_6227.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6243.jpeg

• Like 2

They have these cool yellow floating rings that you can sit on and they don't charge for the privilege! We had a really fun time on this. My husband and I, a family from Montana with two boys, and a group of three or four teenagers that we had played volleyball with earlier in the day took over one of the rings. There was a lot of rocking the ring to toss others off, relaxing on the ring, and Montana dad sending his son on a long swim when he got to be annoying.

As I mentioned we also played volleyball. Started off with about four of us and wound up with ten or 12 folks enjoying some good sandy volleyball. Even taught a couple of the kids how to serve overhand!

We did take a lunch break - wandered back to the ship for some food and to refill our water bottles. We didn't purchase anything on Harvest Caye. After lunch we ventured back into the water, I did some "snorkeling." It wasn't really - I basically just did the breast stroke and looked down into the water from above. Saw a barracuda and a few other cool fish!

Then we went to the pool and enjoyed the water there for half an hour so. We did sit on a lounger for a bit, but were mostly in the water. Harvest Caye is amazing!

Check out my review (post 366) from my March trip to Harvest Caye:

My 8 year old and 80 year old mom did the zip line at the "light house"  it was quick and certainly not as fast as the one in Icy Straight Alaska, but they really liked it.   It's a superman line so you're going head first and can see everything as you zip over the water.   The kiddo met the height requirement but didn't weigh enough to build enough momentum to make it all the way and had to be 'rescued'.   It is a fun family memory.

The day will be as fun as you make it.  Certainly more fun that sitting here in my office answering worky emails.  🙂 

• Like 2