Contacted in an emergency?

We will be cruising in a few months, and look forward to being disconnected from our phones for the week. Our parents are older though, and we worry about being inaccessible in the event of an emergency.  I've thought about getting the internet package so I can be contacted by email, but I hate to get that package just to check my email daily for a hopefully nonexistent emergency notification. Does anyone know of any other options for how to be contacted when onboard in the event of an emergency? Our parents are all healthy and fine, just trying to be prepared for something unexpected! Thanks!

How can I contact a guest sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship?

A

You can contact guests 24 hrs a day by calling +1 888 724 7447 and following the prompts to specify the ship you need to contact. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and each call is limited to 10 minutes in duration.

Please note that Visa and MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment for this service.

However I am always more comfortable having the internet package and being able to email/text my family. 

• Thanks 1

AND, you can have them make a VERY SHORT call just to let you know that YOU need to contact them. THEN, you can get internet to email/message/call (wifi calling, etc) to have a conversation.

11 hours ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

We will be cruising in a few months, and look forward to being disconnected from our phones for the week. Our parents are older though, and we worry about being inaccessible in the event of an emergency.  I've thought about getting the internet package so I can be contacted by email, but I hate to get that package just to check my email daily for a hopefully nonexistent emergency notification. Does anyone know of any other options for how to be contacted when onboard in the event of an emergency? Our parents are all healthy and fine, just trying to be prepared for something unexpected! Thanks!

Do you have status with RC? Diamond, Diamond + ect.

11 hours ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

I've thought about getting the internet package so I can be contacted by email, but I hate to get that package just to check my email daily for a hopefully nonexistent emergency notification.

Welcome to CC.

Turn on Wifi calling on your device before you leave for your sailing and practice using it (plane mode, wifi only). Then, in ports, follow the ship crew to the nearby free wifi hot spot and check in with the family.