Electric tea kettle

8 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

My heating system (hot air) has a humidifier on it, and I have to be careful about the setting when it's at or below freezing because I get condensation on the inside of the windows. But I'm not asking for tropical humidity on a ship, just not the Sahara!

Yes, this.^^

There was a humidifier on the HVAC on one of my former homes (for the winter months).  I currently have a smart home with humidity sensors (one for upstairs; one for main level) and the device lets you know to add humidity (when the heating is on) for eco+ savings.  I run portable humidifiers, both upstairs and main level, during the winter months.  When the AC is on they are no longer required so they are put away for the season.

6 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

You did not offend me.  I agree with your remarks and the impression I got from the discussion was that people were looking for ways to get around the rules and to use their kettles onboard.  Judging from the response to your post either I completely misinterpreted the discussion or people are having a guilty reaction (or both).  Please continue to share your experience as a 5-star mariner.

I think the discussion was mostly about being provided with a kettle on board.

i.e one the cruise line would provide. So no rule breaking and no suggestion, on my part, of taking a kettle on board. 
There was some discussion of bringing portable kettles but I think most posters agreed that that wasn’t allowed.

Everyone is welcome to share opinions on CC.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes, this.^^

There was a humidifier on the HVAC on one of my former homes (for the winter months).  I currently have a smart home with humidity sensors (one for upstairs; one for main level) and the device lets you know to add humidity (when the heating is on) for eco+ savings.  I run portable humidifiers, both upstairs and main level, during the winter months.  When the AC is on they are no longer required so they are put away for the season.

After we came home from our last cruise we got two (small) humidifiers for the bedroom and two for the living room! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

After we came home from our last cruise we got two (small) humidifiers for the bedroom and two for the living room! 

We have to run a dehumidifier at home, to get rid of condensation. Humidity at this time of year, with rain every day, is in the 90s!

We dream of humidity being lower.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 6:33 AM, Haljo1935 said:

@BobbiSox the regular coffee is bad. I am not a coffee snob.🤷‍♀️

As a coffee snob, here's my take.  The coffee in the Lido and the coffee maker in the Neptune Suite is bad.  The breakfast coffee in the Pinnacle Grill and MDR is acceptable.  The coffee at the Explorations lounge is good.  The coffee in the Neptune Lounge is outstanding.  When I'm in a Neptune Suite, you know where I am going for my morning cup.

Edited by sciencewonk

2 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

We have to run a dehumidifier at home, to get rid of condensation. Humidity at this time of year, with rain every day, is in the 90s!

We dream of humidity being lower.

Interesting. Dallas is comparatively dry; the average humidity is 60 - 70%. My wife is from Thailand, and the more humidity, the better for her. She feels dry heat is hotter than when it is really hot, but humid. I've been the opposite, but after my battle with almost a month of what felt like a bad sinus infection but was just dry air exacerbating some sort of allergy, it's humidity now! 

But still, I agree with you: in general, dry (just not ship dry) is better.