Alaska dress code

julmops

Good morning all,

Sorry about a divisive matter but we are cruising on the Muse in June this year from Seward to Vancouver and I'm trying to get a straight answer when it comes to dress code.

My understanding is that Silversea would be more relaxed with the dress code compared to other destinations.

Before you jump on me, let me add that we cruised Silversea previously and loved the dressing up situation.

My question is more about avoid packing things that wouldn't be necessary ( I prefer to travel lighter if I can 😉)

Many thanks in advance !

Agree. Formal is always optional on these short Alaska cruises. My husband took a blazer and tie and I took black pants and a nice silk top and we were fine. The rest of the dress code is the same, ie. no jeans in the dining room, collared shirts etc. The weather may be cold and rainy, or warm and sunny, so fill your suitcase with clothes for the shore excursions not formal wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are on an 11 day Alaska cruise on the Muse in May. It is too soon for the bowties in MySilversea, but based on the dress code section of the Silversea website (found under General Cruise Information/ Packing Your Cruise Luggage/ Dress Code...All ships except Nova), I would expect 2 formal nights. Even on a formal night, a  blazer would be sufficient if eating in LaT, Kaiseki or optional in the Grill. However, a jacket is stated to be required in the indoor bars and venues on formal nights.

On 7 day Alaska cruises the same dress code section states that although the formal night is optional,  jackets are required.

We have not sailed with Silversea in Alaska before, but elsewhere our recent experience on the classic ships (this spring on the Muse and fall on the Dawn)  has been that the dress code is generally being enforced, at least in the indoor restaurants and to a somewhat lesser extent in the bars.

We just got off the Nova, which has a relaxed dress code, but the no shorts after 6 pm policy was being enforced in the  indoor bars and restaurants. The no jeans policy was enforced to a lesser extent.

I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1